Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search
Julie of KY

Favorite online courses

The pinned thread you reference is a master list of all online courses. This is more specific to courses that are your favorites or that you have loved.

I would put a lot more courses on the master list of online courses than I would on this list of favorite courses.

hey hive - there is a pinned thread to capture this kind of info:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/638806-master-list-of-on-line-classes/

This is a great reminder, Mark. Some people who frequent the high school board don't visit the Gen. board and may not have seen this thread. 

If y'all have a favorite online class, it would be awesome if you put a review of it onto the thread MarkT linked - just the way you did in this thread - especially if you have a teacher that was awesome. If you've taken several classes with a certain provider, listing all of the ones that were good (and then pointing out the so-so or less-than-optimal ones) would be extremely helpful to others.

Chemistry through Excelsior (after Landry closed) with Mrs. Childress was one of my daughter's two favorite online classes this year.

Her all-time favorite teacher, although not perfect by any means, is Sr. Gamache of La Clase Divertida (Spanish). She is very sad to be done with three years of Spanish with him.

Chemistry through Excelsior (after Landry closed) with Mrs. Childress was one of my daughter's two favorite online classes this year.

Thanks for sharing this.  How much of the Holt book was covered? 

Thanks for sharing this. How much of the Holt book was covered?

She didn't use the Holt book this year; they used Spectrum Chemistry with a different set if labs. Mrs Childress is on Facebook or available via email if you want to ask her plans for next year. I would say that the class is a normal, non-honors level chem.