Menu

Suzuki violin book 1 revised vs original edition CD

Sarah0000

DS started violin lessons a few weeks ago with Suzuki violin school book 1 Revised Edition. The violin teacher told me to download the songs for the book. For personal reasons DH prefers not to put iTunes on our computer, although he will if he must, so I looked in Amazon digital music but they only have the original edition mp3s. In an attempt to find out if there were any differences in the audio songs between the two editions, I've found reviews saying the revised edition recording is terrible quality.

I intend to ask the teacher as well, but do any of you have any opinions regarding the difference, in content and in quality, between the original and revised edition audio tracks? Do you recommend sticking with the audio track of the revised edition since that's the book we have, or is the original audio track the same songs and so either can be used? BTW, the music school and the violin teacher are not specifically teaching Suzuki. I don't know how closely he'll be following the book anyway.

I believe some of the bowings are different, but mostly in book 2 and on. The recordings are older so may not be as good a quality. If you have a CD player on your computer, you can buy the cd and download it. Check with your teacher. Some Suzuki teachers will care a lot, some not so much.