Menu

A new venting thread

creekland

Called to make an eye appt for annual exam.  The girl answering the phone has no clue on what a annual eye exam is.  Kept asking me what type of appointment that was. Finally, in the end she makes one appointment.  I normally love this eye doctor but he has a replacement in now as he is out on leave.  This is that guy's staff.  

Called to make a new patient appointment at a doctor. Lady kept telling me she couldn't find me.  Finally, got her to understand new patient.  I was warned about this office staff but the doctor is supposed to be really good.

A few more things already this week. I am so done

My mom's endoscope showed that tumor has also decreased in size either a third smaller or 1/3rd of what it used to be - didn't quite catch which.   :hurray:

BUT... she asked her doctor if this meant it could go away and he told her no.  This cancer is terminal.  All it means is you have a little more time, but the end result will still be the same.  :cursing:

That is quite possibly true, of course, but now all hope/joy she had is gone.   :mad: She had a brief bit of feeling happy and now he's taken that away from her. Thanks.   :banghead:

I guess I understand not lying, but there has to be a better way of saying things - even saying "one never really knows" could have left her with some hope.  Or maybe they feel the need to see that this cancer stays terminal by eliminating any mental chance of giving the body a boost.  (I know that last statement isn't true, but I'm not exactly in a good mood right now - and I should be with her latest two test results.  It's just not good hearing her lose hope again.  She was genuinely happy and hopeful after her PET scan.  That's gone now.  $#%!#&!!!)

Damn what an ass.   Definitely could have found a better way to say that.  

• Like 1

I'm sorry creekland. Maybe you can share some stories with her to give her hope. 

I wish.  I've heard several stories, not to mention just how well she is right now.  All I hear back whenever I try to share is "You're not a doctor.  You don't know." and it seems to make her feel worse.

We have all of next week with her at a cabin overlooking Lake Ontario and she sounded excited about that when I talked with her yesterday, so no real vent today at least.  (Well, not yet.  It's 7:22 in the morning, so who knows how the rest of the day will go... ;)  )

Dawn - sending you big hugs about the hair and weight. I understand completely. It seems like the harder I try to lose weight the more I gain. I've varied the amount of cals I eat (going down to less than a 1000 a day), increasing my exercise (50,000 + steps a day), weightlifting, shakes, wraps, you name it. I'm also at my heaviest weight. My blood work is normal. why, oh why, can't I lose any weight? 

50K per day?  What?  How do you even do that?  That is 25 miles of walking per day.

I have to say this- DD is in art camp once a week. It starts at a set time. I find it beyond rude that some show up an hour after it starts and act like they should be accommodated.

GRRRR!!!!!!!!!  That would make me crazy.

50K per day?  What?  How do you even do that?  That is 25 miles of walking per day.

Yup, it only lasted for a week, though. I was in training for my AT thru hike. I would walk between 15-25 miles a day. Long fun days those were. I would walk to the local nature preserve and back. At that point my pace was 3.5 miles an hour and I would walk between 7-8 hours. I only work a couple of hours in the morning so I would have from 10am until I finished.

I don't think I will ever get that many steps again. I average between 17,000 - 20,000 now. I think that's pretty darned good.

Can I vent that my house has been on the market since April with only 3 showings? We have dropped the price $30k and still no takers. My dh is getting stressed. That may sound odd for me to point that out but normally dh is such a laid back, easy going guy. It is taking a toll on our family and TeA life! :p

And the 2nd showing realtor hurt my feelings by saying my house felt "creepy" and wasn't "homey" cause I haven't painted the walls in colors. And something about our religion and homeschooling was going to make dealing with us hard? Say what?? Keep looking-you won;t fit in with the cul-de-sac anyway with that attitude. We have a preacher 2 doors down!

Edited by Paradox5