Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Æthelthryth the Texan

If you own a Samsung toploader

Thank you. My wife bought one during November 2015 and she loves it. I will call this to her attention. Hopefully the model we have it not affected, but I will read the article carefully. Here in Colombia, most of the things we buy like TVs and Washing Machines are made in Mexico. Probably similar to or the same as the models you get in the USA.  

@OP    Thank you again for starting this thread!    I told my wife about it, when she was making Breakfast.  I didn't want to move our machine away from the wall, so I could copy the Serial Number, but I did locate the paperwork for it and I entered what I thought is the Serial Number (the man who installed our machine wrote that on the form he used) and when I put that Serial Number into the box on the Samsung web site, the response was that our machine is not affected by this issue.  Good to know about and we are thankful that our machine is not one of the models involved.   :hurray:

• Like 1

We have had so many problems with our Samsung, I just do not trust them anymore. We have had various repairs. We would have replaced already, but we are hoping it lasts until we move.

• Like 1

We have had so many problems with our Samsung, I just do not trust them anymore. We have had various repairs. We would have replaced already, but we are hoping it lasts until we move.

Put the Serial Number of your Samsung Washing Machine into the box on this URL:

https://pages.samsung.com/us/top_load_washer/index.jsp

Based on what you wrote, possibly your machine will be included in this and if so, possibly Samsung will give you a Credit towards a new machine, instead of fixing the one you have now.

• Like 1

Put the Serial Number of your Samsung Washing Machine into the box on this URL:

https://pages.samsung.com/us/top_load_washer/index.jsp

Based on what you wrote, possibly your machine will be included in this and if so, possibly Samsung will give you a Credit towards a new machine, instead of fixing the one you have now.

Thanks!

And yes, it was one of the affected ones. It had me put in my information and said they will contact us. Thank God! I hope they replace it! This machine was expensive.

• Like 1

In the course of searching for a new machine recently I learned about this. They are not the only company with machines with this problem.

• Like 1

Thanks!

And yes, it was one of the affected ones. It had me put in my information and said they will contact us. Thank God! I hope they replace it! This machine was expensive.

You are welcome. I think it said that machines manufactured on or after April 18th (?)  are OK.   I'm glad you gave them your information and I hope they will resolve this in a way that you consider satisfactory.  If the issues your machine had repairs for are related to this, hopefully they will make you happy with their resolution. It will probably take them (and if CPSC is involved CPSC also, to come up with a program to resolve this for Consumers like you).    Good luck!

I don't have one but I'm holding my phone farther away, for sure!

Yeah, my phone isn't one of the ones exploding but I keep expecting it to be added to the list any day now. I hope not. I love my S7.