Menu

Help! PAH AP Geography class

I've written a few posts about this class. My dd dropped it. No regrets. It tops the list as our worst on-line class experience. 

Some of the other PAHS classes are excellent! Some classes have weekly meeting times and others have daily teacher interaction through postings, etc. 

Edited by Woodland Mist Academy
  • Like 2

Help! Anyone taken PAH AP Geography class?

It's our first non-video, non-live class. And I feel my dd is drowning in the abyss. She's scoring well on the quizzes, as they are all open book. But there is no lecture, no lessons. Just a weekly set of assignments, which involves assigning chapters to read in 2 different texts, then taking quizzes on the subject matter. I've glanced at the texts and they are as dry as dust. I can understand why she's having trouble wading through the material. But people have raved about the class. I feel I need to step in and read the chapters and try to 'teach' it - there is no teaching involved. Am I missing something? I think I must be as there are rave reviews of Dr Gillespie and this class. Anyone with experience with AP Geography (PAH) with Dr. Gillespie have experience? What am I missing? How can I help her? Are all the other PAH AP classes like this? It's like she's got this class all on his own. Where is the teaching? Help!

Sending a private message to you. :)