Menu

passing along a survey of homeschool grads as college students

Miss Mousie

I received the email below through a Yahoo group and thought I'd post it here in case anyone is interested in helping.  Disclaimers:  My son cannot participate, as he is still in high school; I have not looked at the survey; and I do not know Ms. Montgomery. 

Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2016 2:53 AM
To: RACHEL LYNN MONTGOMERY; Rachel Montgomery
Subject: Homeschooler Graduates as College Students -- Request for help distributing research survey

Hello!

My name is Rachel Montgomery, and I am a doctoral candidate in the Higher Education program at Penn State. I am looking to understand the experiences of homeschooler graduates (from high school) as college students. I am a former homeschooler myself.

To accomplish my research goal, I have designed a survey and I am looking to connect with homeschoolers who graduated from high school and then went on to attend a college, university, or trade school. Participants must be at least 18 years of age. This study has received IRB approval from Penn State.

I need your help in connecting with homeschooler graduates who have any sort of college experience. Please consider forwarding the link to the first stage of this survey to people that match the description of study participants. If you have a listserv (emailing list), newsletter, or are connected with other homeschooling families -- please consider sending along this information. The time commitment is minimal (approximately 30 minutes total, over the two stages of the survey).

Link to volunteer questionnaire (Stage I): https://pennstate.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_d0CrBjpjfGeapal

This project will require a community effort, so I thank you in advance for your time and help.

If you have any questions, please contact me at rlm400@psu.edu or rachel.montgomery8@gmail.com.

Sincerely,

Rachel Montgomery
PhD Candidate, Higher Education Program
The Pennsylvania State University