Menu

Prayers needed. Missing hiker in Colorado is my brother...

Jann in TX

Thank you for your prayers-- I'm humbled by so much support.

No word as of Sunday morning other than there may be a small chance he had a second tent that he took with him when he started out Monday.

A ray of hope, then. I will continue to pray. Thanks for the update, Jann. I can only imagine how difficult this wait is for you.

Continuing to pray. And I know so many are looking for him, and praying for him. I saw the information on him on Facebook today, posted by a friend who lives in Colorado. She shared with everyone she knows, and encouraged them to. I did as well, and I also asked everyone I know to pray. 

There was a confirmed report of him setting out on TUESDAY-- so he made it down on Monday.  So search today was of 2 possible peaks (Pyramid or North Maroon??).  He had a light jacket and a day pack (no tent).

The search through most of today was in the WRONG area.

The Air National Guard search was also in the wrong area and they have used up all of their allotted hours-- so PRAY that the family's petition to extend the air search is approved tomorrow!!!

Edited by Jann in TX
  • Like 19

There was a confirmed report of him setting out on TUESDAY-- so he made it down on Monday.

The search through most of today was in the WRONG area.

The Air National Guard search was also in the wrong area and they have used up all of their allotted hours-- so PRAY that the family's petition to extend the air search is approved tomorrow!!!

How frustrating! Still praying and checking back often for updates. Edited by arctic_bunny
  • Like 1

Wow, the limited hours would be super frustrating.  Definitely praying that things get extended esp in light of the new info.  

Where was he seen?  Was it on a trail or at a trailhead or ???  Was it an eyewitness (tough to know if that's solid or not) or a camera or someone who knew him?

Regardless of all the above - still praying - and offering  :grouphug: .

• Like 2

Wow, the limited hours would be super frustrating.  Definitely praying that things get extended esp in light of the new info.  

Where was he seen?  Was it on a trail or at a trailhead or ???  Was it an eyewitness (tough to know if that's solid or not) or a camera or someone who knew him?

Regardless of all the above - still praying - and offering  :grouphug: .

He was seen in the parking area Tuesday (confirmed sighting) and was (pretty certain) in a photo taken a short time later on the trailhead--- I think the trail splits so 2 possible peaks (north Maroon and Pyramid)...  most hikers think he did Pyramid-- but hikers who were there at that time said areas were pretty treacherous due to ice/snow on ledges...  they are narrowing down places he could have fallen (into) and are doing ground searches today-- there should be a private helicopter too if weather permits... they had calls out for experienced guides to help narrow down areas..

• Like 21

Prayers for him and his family, and especially that experienced finders will get out there and bring him back. Hopefully, it will be one of those things where he got disoriented and didn't know it, or thought he made it clear how long he'd be gone...

I can't imagine. I hope you get some more good news today.

He was seen in the parking area Tuesday (confirmed sighting) and was (pretty certain) in a photo taken a short time later on the trailhead--- I think the trail splits so 2 possible peaks (north Maroon and Pyramid)...  most hikers think he did Pyramid-- but hikers who were there at that time said areas were pretty treacherous due to ice/snow on ledges...  they are narrowing down places he could have fallen (into) and are doing ground searches today-- there should be a private helicopter too if weather permits... they had calls out for experienced guides to help narrow down areas..

Glad they are able to pinpoint things a little bit better and definitely glad there are still folks searching, esp with the helicopter.  My prayers are still with y'all.   :grouphug: