Menu

Lee University reviews?

bnbacademy

Lee University in TN is moving up the ladder. Any reviews?

1) What is the campus culture like? 

2) Mission trip opportunities?

3) Networking opportunities for medical careers, ie: nursing, NP or PA job shadowing?

4)  % admitted to post-grad degree programs, like med school?

5) How rigorous is the Nursing program? 

I did like their service emphasis with community volunteering as a requirement. That was new to us.

I do have some experience with Lee.  I don't think I know the answers to any of your specific questions but I will share our experience anyway!

We are local to Lee but just moved to the area a year ago so it is still new.  My college freshman took 5 classes dual enrollment at Lee last year (as a high school senior) and my current junior is taking two classes there now.  The dual enrollment experience has been excellent.  My oldest ds really wanted something different for college so did not apply to Lee but he had a very positive experience in his year there.  He found all 5 of his professors to be interested, engaged, and available to students.  He felt they were all passionate about the courses they were teaching (with one exception) and without exception they were available at office hours and seemed genuinely interested in student success. This ds had done a year of dual enrollment at a community college and enjoyed Lee much more and found the quality of the teachers much much higher.

The administration is easy to work with as a dual enrollment student.  Everyone is nice, answers questions very quickly and seems committed to being helpful.

The campus is very nice and well maintained.  New buildings going up all the time.  I have never been in the dorms but the academic buildings are very clean and seem new. There seems to always be something going on over there.  Lots of extracurricular activities and events.

It is affordable for a private school.  Scholarships based on ACT are generous but read the fine print about what has to be done to keep the scholarships.  I want to say it is a very high GPA requirement (3.7?)  That seems kind of crazy to me and risky to count on.  I might be wrong.  It has been a while since I looked at it but the info is on the website.

The reputation in the community is excellent.  My ds and I were constantly finding ourselves defending why he chose to go away to college. "Why isn't he going to Lee? Lee is awesome! We love Lee." 

I am not sure any of my kids will end up there as undergrads but they will do as much dual enrollment as they can.  I have a favorable impression overall.  It is basically open enrollment (very minimum requirements to get in) but I would not let that dissuade you.  There are some lower level students there and many lower level courses offered but there are also plenty of bright students there.  

• Like 2