Menu

Moving sports clubs to suit all children?

EmmaNZ

I have three boys who play the same team sport in different age groups. This year however, there are not enough boys to make up a team in my middle child's age group. His options are to play down a year (difficult because the year below is non-contact so significantly different to what he should be doing), train every week but play no matches, or change to a different club. We are considering moving everybody to a new club because the logistics of going in so many different directions on a Sunday morning is stressful and almost impossible. We also have 2 other children not playing the sport at all. My other two boys are happy though, and have no real reason to move. Has anybody done this or something similar? Do you think it is fair/unfair/other?

Most parents are not super human or have money trees in the backyard.

Do what you need to do. The sport will not matter in the grand scheme of things anyway.

Now, having said that, I understand the dilemma. A child who misses a year of a sport might be so behind that he is unable to play at his age group in the future. Kids are expected to be experts in their fields, not recreation players.

So, it sounds like your only choice is to move everyone.

Edited by Minniewannabe
  • Like 1