Menu

Should this Ebay seller refund my shipping?

I bought a BJU Science book on Ebay that was listed in Good condition, also clean, no writing, etc. etc. It arrived in poor condition, tears, stains, writing, etc. etc. the binding is coming apart and the book is not at all useable. I plan to throw it away, it is that bad. I contacted the seller, and they responded that the book had come from a lot of books that had been purchased from a Christian School. They also told me that they had checked their inventory, and had removed all the other BJU Science books from their Ebay listings b/c of the condition. They apologized and offered to give me a refund.

Well, they only refunded the purchase price, not the shipping! Their refund policy in the listing states "No refunds on shipping". I assume that would be if I got the book and didn't like it and sent it back. *NOT* for a book that was misrepresented in the first place.

It's only $3.50, but doggone it, they should have looked :eek: at the book before they sent it to me. I've sold on Ebay for many years, and I would be mortified if this happened to me as a seller and would not be willing to risk my good feedback rating b/c I refused to return $3.50.

What do you think? Should I ask for the shipping back? Should I give them negative feedback if they don't? I have over 600 feedback at 100% positive. Am I risking my reputation if I leave neg. feedback?

I would try to work through Ebay's claim's settlement. They SAY they want to deter sellers from falsely representing their items, so they might be able/willing to help resolve this.

If you leave negative feedback, do it next week after the Ebay policies change. One of the changes they're making is to eliminate the option of sellers leaving negative feedback for buyers! Of course there is a push on for sellers to boycott eBay for the next week or so in protest of this set of changes.

If you leave negative feedback, do it next week after the Ebay policies change. One of the changes they're making is to eliminate the option of sellers leaving negative feedback for buyers! Of course there is a push on for sellers to boycott eBay for the next week or so in protest of this set of changes.

I hadn't read through the policies yet. I'll remember that if I do leave NF.