Menu

old are 9th graders?

The average 9th grader here is also 14 at the start of 9th and 15 and the end.

As far as public schools go, the varied cut offs for birth dates make it possible to have 9th graders as young as 13 or as old as 16 without factoring in any acceleration or repeating grades. Most still wind up being 14/15.

Unless they have summer birthdays like mine :-)

Which makes you not-average :).

I have one dd and one ds with summer b-days, so they would technically graduate at 17. My other ds is May 1, other dd is May 30. Depending on state and district, the baby could potentially be the only one of my 4 who would normally graduate at 18.

I don't know much about the school year in Australia, so now I'm trying to figure out what a "summer" birthday might mean there.:tongue_smilie:

I have one dd and one ds with summer b-days, so they would technically graduate at 17. My other ds is May 1, other dd is May 30. Depending on state and district, the baby could potentially be the only one of my 4 who would normally graduate at 18.

I don't know much about the school year in Australia, so now I'm trying to figure out what a "summer" birthday might mean there.:tongue_smilie:

I love being unique.:D

Both of my dds have May bdays, so both would have had their 15th birthdays before the end of 9th grade if they'd been in school. Mr. Ellie has a September birthday, so he started 9th when he was 13 and had his 14th bday right after school started (Dec. 2 cut-off in Calif).

I

school starts from February to December. the cut off date is the end of March.

thank you all for your help.

we will take the plunge into rhetoric starting February.:)