Menu

Best PSAT prep book?

While practice SAT tests are an excellent idea, be aware that there are only six total released tests. Any you use for PSAT practice won't be usable for SAT practice later in the year.

There are two PSAT practice tests: Last year's and this year's. Last year's was an online PDF and this year's is distributed on paper in the PSAT information brochure.

Links to last year's test: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10/practice/full-length-practice-test

• Like 2

CollegeBoard has an official tie in for the SAT, with Khan Academy. If my DD was  ready for the new SAT, I would strongly suggest she limit her practice time to Khan Academy.  Whether or not that applies to the PSAT (which I was planning for her to take during October 2016 but probably will delay one year so she takes the PSAT when she is a Junior, for Scholarship reasons) I am not positive, but my gut feeling (and I am assuming here) is that if the PSAT has also been undergoing considerable changes, Khan Academy has the latest scoop and it is official from the College Board. GL to your DC. 

• Like 4

We are using Cracking the PSAT  by The Princeton Review.  We haven't gotten very far into it though so can't give a good review.  So far it seems very good.  In just looking through,  it goes over what the test is and different strategies for taking different parts of the test with practice problems and  review throughout and 2 practice tests in the back of the book.  I'm having dd do this to strengthen her test taking skills as she will take the PSAT 10 in the spring.