Menu

Boy Scout Cub Scout Hierarchy Question

amyx4

I'm having a disagreement with our Pack's Service Area Executive. Does anyone know the title of his boss?  His boss' boss? The Service Are executive told the Pack leadership today to cancel the informational table at the elementary school's Open House. He informed me today, that he sent flyers to the elementary school (last week?)  indicating that the informational table would be at the library tonight. In addition, he's forming a new Pack at a local church. The new Scoutmaster of this newly formed Pack will be at the library tonight.

Additional info, there's only one elementary school in this small town. There's only one Pack in this town sponsored by the VFW. This Pack has for many years had a table at the Open House. Thanks

From what I've read between the lines, yes.  We re-organized our boy scout troop a few years ago, combining three churches into one unit, and dissolving venturing and varsity scouts into just one boy scout troop.  It was an excellent decision as we could finally staff everything properly and the older boys were patrol leaders over the younger ones.  We went from 9 units to 1.  Someone nearly lost their job on the boy scout executive/council level over it.  It was a HUGE political kerfuffle, and it gave me insight into council/area/regional dynamics.  It's not about the boys (the same number were registered!). It's about $$$$ and #s.