Menu

American Sign Language, options?

Thanks for the suggestion Goldberry.

Thanks Crazyforlatin.  I do not seem to be able to locate an ASL class on the Currclick website, is there any chance you have a link for it?

It may not be showing up because class has already started. They won't list already-begun classes as not to confuse those who may think they are still open for enrollment. You can keep a lookout to see if they'll list it again for next semester.

Edited by Renai

My dd takes this through Landry.  It's live.  The kids do breakout rooms and sign with each other.  It's been a great course.  She has been able to attend a local ASL group and sign well enough with college students, deaf community members, hard of hearing members using ASL.  They were impressed with her ability after just a few months and being so young.  She is doing year 2 this year.  And plans to do year 3.   

They have bookwork learning the grammar, do reports on history of ASL, do reports on famous deaf people, study deaf culture, and this week she's making weather videos all in ASL.  I have been very impressed with this class.  

• Like 1

Tess,

Thank you for the great review of Landry! Sounds like a really great class.

Just sent you a PM with the teacher's information. I don't see the class on currclick's website, but I also don't see much of any current classes. I think Renai is right about currclick removing current classes. It would have been a great class for DD, but based on what the teacher emailed me regarding homework, I didn't think this would fit into DD's schedule this year.

Our daughter is currently taking ASL 102 at Currclick.  She adores Ms Marie.  I'm very pleased as well.   Our local college uses the Signing Naturally book and dvds, which is exactly what Ms Marie requires students to purchase. I like knowing the book is used on a college level.  Our daughter, who is rather shy, comes alive during ASL and her video homework assignment.  We've enjoyed watching her learn this new language.

• Like 1

Our daughter is currently taking ASL 102 at Currclick.  She adores Ms Marie.  I'm very pleased as well.   Our local college uses the Signing Naturally book and dvds, which is exactly what Ms Marie requires students to purchase. I like knowing the book is used on a college level.  Our daughter, who is rather shy, comes alive during ASL and her video homework assignment.  We've enjoyed watching her learn this new language.

This is the book my daughter is currently using in her community college ASL class, which is a foundational class for their ASL interpreter training program.