Menu

Just for fun: name three "must have" personal care / cosmetics products

Greta

Love your idea/plan, Greta.

If I'm looking for a fun makeup purchase, I will always get a lipstick. That's my thing. Right now, my favorite one is Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie. (I also love the Clinique Black Honey but it wears off very quickly on me.) Even if I'm not wearing makeup, I will put on lipstick before I walk out the door. (I even like to wear it in the house even if I'm not going out. :lol: )

I often wear lipstick at home too. I started right after DS was born, along with the daily habits of getting up early for " me time", taking a shower right away and getting dressed decently, even if I'm not going anywhere. It helped me feel more put together when I was at home all day with the baby. I still feel more polished with just a touch of lip color and cute shoes. ;)

• Like 2

My newest must have, It Cosmetics CC + with 50 spf.  I normally don't care for multi function products but this one does what it says without drying my skin.

My 2 oldest must have Clinique 7 day scrub used it for years usually in the AM and  Bath and Body works True Blue spa 60 second manicure hand scrub and paraffin hand lotion

• Like 2

I have to second the IT cosmetics cc cream 50 spf. Amazing.

Kat von D eyeliner in brown. It is a very fine line and easy to work with, even for me (I am not coordinated in the mornings). I can swim in it and it stays all day. It is very subtle, but makes me look good even without mascara.

Benitint for cheeks and lips. It is a stain and you have to be quick to rub it in, but the color is beautiful and natural. It is a very thin liquid like water, so it lasts a long time and smells like roses.

If I was adding more I would add A&D ointment . I use that stuff on my unbelieveably dry feet, put a large ziplock over my foot, followed by a sock and tennis shoe. Twenty minutes later, it is like I have someone else's foot.

I am enjoying Domonique Slache's Youtube channel. She is you tuber who is about my age and has wonderful recs on products. She is a newscaster, who has had to do her own makeup and hair for years. Its pretty fun and I am getting great ideas. Now I have close to a page of must haves But I narrowed it down for a minimal look.

Edited by Silver Brook
  • Like 1