Menu

Middle names that go with Rose?

ktgrok

We think alike, I do worry about him being the only non M name! I wanted a J name to go with him, but couldn't find one I really like. I also like Violet Rose, but have the same fear. I think if we did Margaret we'd go with Maggie as a nickname over Meg, as we know a Meg but could be wrong. 

When I read through your other kids names, the name Janie popped in my head, it flows so nice with Jack. She could be Janie Rose. Just a thought!

I have a Jack and we named our DD Catherine (but I see your name is Katie so that may not fly)

Rose Catherine 

Catherine Rose

One of my best friends is named Mary Rose. Her Mom really wanted to name her Rose but her Dad vetoed it. She still calls her Rose instead of Mary. :)

I wanted Catherine, but hubby vetoed it. No Catherine/Katherine or Kathleen :(

SaveSave

I'm Rose Elisabeth . .Elisabeth with an "s". :)  

I think we are fairly sure this baby girl's name will be Rose, but I'm struggling with a middle name. I like Rose Elizabeth, but he doesn't like Elizabeth. Weird. Anyway, this is our list of possible names. If we use Rose, obviously Rosalie or Rosemary are not middle name contenders, lol. But the rest stand. What do you think sounds good with Rose? I've got a few thoughts, but would love an outside opinion. 

Grace

Violet

Rose

Madeline

Mercy

Fiona

Nora

Cora

Beatrix (Trixie)

Rosemary

Winifred

Anabelle

Olive

Rosalie

Margaret

Hazel

Sarah

Ooh, I like Rosemary Grace! And you are right, I don't like Rose Grace by itself. 

Rose Grace sounds choppy to me and I do like "Grace" by itself. We know an Annalie Rose. I don't know what you think about Rose Annalie?

A lot depends on the last name as well. Even though she may change her name eventually, she will be dealing with it during her growing up years.

Ok, I'm going to make another push for Kathleen as a middle name..maybe he'll go for it. Although I vetoed "danger" as a middle name for the last kid and he hasn't let me forget it. We totally should have used it.

Otherise I like Rose Winifred, Rose Margaret, and Rose Madeline. Rose Margaret may be my new favorite, it sounds so delightfully old fashioned, lol.

Ok, who vetoes Danger as a middle name? Ma'am, I'm disappointed. 😂

• Like 2

I know a Savannah Rose.  I would not go with Rose as a first name if you have Jack.

Regarding Danger, that makes me think of when Anthony Weiner was sexting he used the pseudonym Carlos Danger.  Not a good connection for me! It does make me laugh though... :lol:

Edited by goldberry

and, since I'm in an asking mood, if you prefer Rose as the middle name which of the first names off that list do you like it with?

Other children's names are Michael, Molly, and Jack. So we like fairly simple, classic names I guess? 

Your other children's names are beautiful!  But I think I would pick a j name to go with Jack.  There are some beautiful J names for girls that are classics and some sound really nice with Rose:

Johanna Rose

Juliette Rose

Jenna Rose

Julia Rose

Julianna Rose

Jana Rose

Jeanette Rose

JeanAnn Rose

• Like 1

and, since I'm in an asking mood, if you prefer Rose as the middle name which of the first names off that list do you like it with?

Other children's names are Michael, Molly, and Jack. So we like fairly simple, classic names I guess? 

My name is Elise Rose. Rose was my grandmother's middle name as well. My maiden name had two syllables as well and I think sounded better than with my married name which only has one syllable. 

HTH!

I like it with the three syllable middle names, or longer ones would be fine as well.  You could possible look at longer versions of some of the short ones, like Olivia rather than Olive.

Beatrix is probably my favorite, it's what I wanted for my dd8 and the one on the way, but dh didn't like it enough.  We still might use it as a middle name though.

Rose Violet is two flower names.  Seems a big much.  I really like Rose Noelle the most.  I think that has a beautiful flow.  

Baby naming is so fun.

I like it too but Noelle is my niece's middle name, so can't steal it. (also my sister's middle name)

Your other children's names are beautiful!  But I think I would pick a j name to go with Jack.  There are some beautiful J names for girls that are classics and some sound really nice with Rose:

Johanna Rose

Juliette Rose

Jenna Rose

Julia Rose

Julianna Rose

Jana Rose

Jeanette Rose

JeanAnn Rose

I change my vote to Jenna Rose, love it.  I can just hear "mamma" yelling out the back door "Jenna Rose get out of that puddle you'll ruin your dress!"

Rose Isobel

Rose Aemilia

Rose Cordelia

Rose Imogen

Rose Isabella

Rose Alannah

Rose Josephine

Rose Evelyn

Rose Lisette

Have you considered using a longer name for Rose?

Rosamunde

Rosaline

Rosemary

Rosabelle

Rosalyn 

Rose is such a pretty name! 

Edited by helena
  • Like 1

I like Rosalie.  Rosalie Grace. 

Sarah Rose. 

Amelia Rose. 

Rose Annabelle (no flow). 

Rose Eliza (too many ssss sounds?). 

Rosemary Jane. 

Rose Susanne. 

Riley Rose.   

Now he says he doesn't like Rosalie! Which he liked a week ago!

My other niece is named Riley. 

Rose Annabelle doesn't work, but Annabelle Rose sounds good to me. He also didn't like it. In fact, i gave him a whole list of names, and he says he doesn't like any of them. I said, "um, that was all the names we like" and he said "well, maybe we need to start all over again."

I KNOW we have SO much time, but I like referring to the baby as a name. I just do. And he's driving me insane. 

I'll try Rose Genevieve, I don't think I mentioned that one to him. I did have him read part of the thread. He likes fancier names than I do, which is part of the issue, so maybe Genevieve would work. 

Rose Isobel

Rose Aemilia

Rose Cordelia

Rose Imogen

Rose Isabella

Rose Alannah

Rose Josephine

Rose Evelyn

Rose Lisette

Have you considered using a longer name for Rose?

Rosamunde

Rosaline

Rosemary

Rosabelle

Rosalyn 

Rose is such a pretty name! 

We went with a longer variant of Rose specifically because I wanted a multi-syllable name, but wanted Rosie as a nickname.  Turns out we never, ever, call her Rosie, but maybe someday?  LOL

What do you mean, he "vetoed it?" Who gives birth anyway??? Perhaps you should remind him... :laugh:

I was doing some newspaper research and for fun checked to see if I could find my birth announcement. My poor mom. She carried me for 9 months, the last of those in extremely hot weather without AC. She delivered me. And after that my dad's name was listed in the newspaper birth announcement.