Menu

Do you listen to NPR?

Scarlett

Do you listen to NPR?  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Do you listen to NPR at least once a week?

• Yes
    • No

Yes, I love the Friday news round up.  One thing I've noticed with Diane Rehm and Terry Gross is that I never ever like their replacement people as much (when they're on vacation or whatever).  Maybe it's intentional? No idea.  But I always have a little sigh when it's not the original host.

My station here does a local news/talk program on NPR at 9 a.m. every day.  I'm not a giant fan (prefer the nationwide stuff), but I have to admit, I'm much much more informed about what's going on in my city.  When one of my kids was at a Montessori school, there used to be a show on when I waited in car line with Michel Martin that I really liked called "Tell Me More". 

I also love love love Story Corps. 

I truly do believe that NPR is a national treasure. 

Oh my goodness!  Were were in the same school line-up?   LOL.  Back when my youngest was in Montessori school I used to wait in the pick=up line listening to Michel Martin.   :) 

No, I don't listen to people just talking (radio, TV talk shows, YouTube videos, podcasts, even audiobooks) if I can help it at all.

Text is the type of input I like. When I watch TV (typically documentaries), I put the closed captioning on. For audio/video stuff online, I'm usually not interested unless there's a transcript.

• Like 1

No, I don't listen to people just talking (radio, TV talk shows, YouTube videos, podcasts, even audiobooks) if I can help it at all.

Text is the type of input I like. When I watch TV (typically documentaries), I put the closed captioning on. For audio/video stuff online, I'm usually not interested unless there's a transcript.

I agree with you for the most part, but reading while driving isn't recommended, so I listen then :)

• Like 5

I'm a bigtime NPR listener and have been since 1980 when I was 14. I listened to the morning news every day in college and in grad school.

I stream NPR on my ipad during the day when I'm inside: Morning Edition, Here and Now, and All Things Considered. I also listen to Marketplace but that's APM not NPR.

I listen to WHYY (Philly) on the radio in the car.

I also play podcasts and use the NPR One app. My favorites are NPR Politics, Planet Money, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, and Code Switch.

I love NPR overall, and listen to most of the full Morning Edition news cycle on Monday mornings on my long drive to work before turning on an audiobook for the trek through the mountains. Diane Rehm is tedious and I don't care for her. Car Talk I can't stand. My absolute favorite NPR show is Radiolab.

I enjoy NPR. My faves are This American Life (not technically NPR, I know), Radiolab (Dh and I went to a lecture by Robert Krulwich last year! <3) Snap Judgment, the Moth, Fresh Air (Terry Gross' interview with Gene Simmons is one of the funniest things I've ever heard), and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. I used to love WireTap (CBC) and Whaddya Know, but they're off the air now. :( I still like Car Talk. Diane Rehm is on in the middle of the night here, so I'm never listening then. I remember listening to her fifteen years ago and thinking that she must be about 85 years old--I didn't know about her vocal cord issue. 

The local-er to me station (there are two in my broadcast market) has a midday host who I think has the best radio voice ever. I'm not crazy about jazz music, but sometimes I listen just to hear him announce the songs and make funny comments.