Menu

Catechism of the Catholic Church

ktgrok

If you have one, does it have a glossary with definitions of terms? My daughter is working on an activity patch for The Year of Mercy for AHG, and the first requirement is to look up the definition of mercy in the Catechism. I tried searching an online catechism, but it doesn't have any definitions I could find. Can anyone help me out?

http://ccc.usccb.org/flipbooks/catechism/index.html#906/z

P. 906

Mercy: The loving kindness, compassion, or forbearance shown to one who offends (e.g., the mercy of God to us sinners) (1422, 1829). See Works of Mercy.

Thank you! It turns out using the online search feature was overwhelming me. I should have kept scrolling. It was late, and I'm not a night owl. 

Thank you thank you thank you! (also, I should probably buy a hard copy)

• Like 1

Thank you! It turns out using the online search feature was overwhelming me. I should have kept scrolling. It was late, and I'm not a night owl. 

Thank you thank you thank you! (also, I should probably buy a hard copy)

I have a hard copy, gal!  :0)  

I have a hard copy, gal!  :0)  

LOL, I have an old St. Joseph's Baltimore Catechism, but have always just used the online version for myself. Obviously, at 11pm it didn't occur to me that duh, the glossary is in the back, so scroll down to the LAST entry for mercy. I gave up halfway down the page, somehow thinking the definition would be in the front. 

But point made, I should order a copy.