Menu

Foerster's Math- what to buy

LAmom

I have the 2006 textbook. I see that Rainbow Resource sells a solutions manual. Do I need that? I will probably buy the Math without Borders usb to help with teaching (not sure if I need that either?).

If you use Foerster's, what else do you buy for it? This is for Algebra 1.

I bought the text used, the Solutions Manual from RR, and planned to buy the MWB videos on flash drive, but switched gears at the last minute and enrolled DD in DO Algebra instead. But, to answer your question, I believe those are the only 3 things you would need.

We had the textbook, the MWB lessons, and the solutions manual. The version of MWB that we bought did not have video solutions, but it does now for the problem sets Mr. Chandler assigns. However, I wanted the solutions to all the problems so that I could assign extras and review and also have the solutions for the chapter reviews and chapter tests.

I bought the text and the TM.  The TM not only has answers to ALL the problems (the text has answers to odd problems) but it shows how to work through the problems.  So I would say it depends on your own competency with Algebra.  I opted out of the MWB for now.  If we hit a point where I feel like we need more help, I may consider it.  But I feel like Math Mammoth 1-7 has prepped us (yes, us, haha, having to relearn along with him) pretty well and my husband is very very math savvy if we get stuck. 

• Like 1