Menu

Interesting article from Mental Floss: 14 Justifiably Forgotten Milton Bradley Board Games

Kareni

I think *maybe* a babysitter brought the Ziggy game over once. Or was it a Mr. Magoo game? 

One of my favorite board games was Mother's Helper, in which players ran all over the house in a race to complete chores like fetching slippers and watering the lawn. My mom (bless her heart, truly) very rarely made me to do any real chores, which is probably why the game seemed fun to me.  :laugh:

• Like 1

I used to have Bigfoot.  I'm positive I didn't buy it. Maybe inherited it from my mom and dad.  I remember playing it one night with a couple of friends and having a blast squashing the other players.  Of course, we might have had a bit to drink.  This was long before children.

• Like 2

My sisters had Feeley Meeley when I was 5 or 6 and they were around 10 and 14. They tormented me with that game.  I don't remember them every putting anything awful in the box but I remember them sticking their hand in and screaming as if it had been bitten by a snake or something. And when I begged to play they'd warn me that there were dangerous things inside and when I'd stick my hand in they'd yell "Watch Out' or something. Hey, it was the 60's and I was a gullible little kid. 

• Like 1

I don't remember any of them, although the Stuff Yer Face game looks vaguely familiar; perhaps I remember the commercial. I do remember the Ziggy character. I think I had a couple of books featuring Ziggy.

• Like 2

Speaking of games you can barely believe, when I visited the Toy Train Museum in Pennsylvania, they had on display a kids magic set from I think the early1900s. The bos it came in was covered in the most disturbing graphics, showing a red devil and other stuff. I'll see if I can find an image on the web and link it.

• Like 1

Haven't heard of any of these games. But we did play one about art where you earned hearts and could lose them. I can't remember what it was called but I'm pretty sure we played it in the 70's. All I recall from it was landing on a spot (or was it drawing a card?) that said, "Venus de Milo has lost her arms" and then something about losing hearts or maybe it was lose a turn.

• Like 1

I played the Ziggy game in July. It's a family tradition.

My family always made up new rules for board games so there was great potential in any game. The Farming Game was one of our favorites.

My favorite game was Life, which we played with the babysitter. Other than that, we played no games because my mom hated board games and the few we had were incomplete, thanks to my brother. Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1

The Ziggy game is, admittedly, not that exciting. But if you need a no-brain-power game to play with a three-year-old? It's your game, and I don't know about you, but sometimes that's exactly what I need.

Our family still quotes that game- "Stung by a bee, run ahead three."

Another awesome game is Bermuda Triangle. There's a giant magnetic cloud roaming the board sucking up ships. It gave nightmares to one person I know, but my boys love to play it when we're visiting my mom.

• Like 2