Menu

"You are my brother..."

Okay, I am embarrassed to confess this to you, my classically educated friends, but my family watches American Idol. Last week it ended with this guy who sang this song -"You are my brother, my best friend forever". He was so humorous! Anyway, now my family is singing this song around the house. Well, and I guess that is why we should have been watching PBS or the history channel. Did anyone see this last week?

Okay, I am embarrassed to confess this to you, my classically educated friends, but my family watches American Idol. Last week it ended with this guy who sang this song -"You are my brother, my best friend forever". .... Did anyone see this last week?

YES! And I had *just* gotten the song out of my head. THANKS! ;)

Gosh, that was funny. On and on and on...

I felt kinda bad for the guy. He appeared to have such a good heart, I really felt for him....he was trying so hard. But I felt like the judges were all laughing at him....I just wanted someone to tell him he had a good voice and be gracious to him. I think Simon was, I was glad to see that.

I wish him well. What a song huh? We should all have that song in our heart!

My 16yo has bookmarked that song on YouTube, and we're figuring it will be available on iTunes before long. It was soooo funny, both the song and the fact that Randy and Paula got up to sing along. Definitely one of the best moments in all these years of Idol.

And my son hasn't missed a minute of any of it!

We're looking forward to the Tuesday night episode as it is the San Diego episode. We happened to have seen the crowds at the stadium the during the first weekend of auditions, and we know some people who auditioned.

So, yes, we here in the hive mind are very well rounded, enjoying both the finest in literature and the lowest in pop culture!