Menu

Tooth fairy/Santa: when does belief end?

alisoncooks

My DD is 10 and figured out the tooth fairy just now. However, she started loosing her teeth early and at record speed so she figured it out on her last tooth. LOL. She didn't tell me it was wobbly and didn't tell me it fell out...to see if the TF would still come..and she didn't of course. It was no big deal to her ...she figures shes 10 and too old to believe in kid stuff like fairys as well as super clever for outsmarting mum.

If your DD still believes then I wouldn't worry about it. I have friends with kids that age that still believe. Its not unusual.

And even if my kids did figure it out..they would still get tooth fairy money for their baby teeth..because it's fun for me LOL and I don't want to give it up..We just call it a tradition then.

My two oldest don't believe in Santa..they still get a Santa present..they think its fun still even though they know the truth. Neither of them went into hysterics when they found out..rather..they both felt rather grown up and smart that they figured it out but we still include Santa as a tradition now rather then a 'real' thing.

As for the younger siblings...my 7yo tells my oldest two they are silly thinking Santa is not real and they won't get any presents from him if they don't believe. It hasn't affected him at all...but he's always had his own mind and doesn't care what others think or say. He's actually quite thrilled he gets to leave cookies out on his own now ( although my other two always end up helping ..you know...just in case lol).

Edited by sewingmama