Menu

Unit studies that cover history and science, based on good literature

Jenn in CA

I like the look of FIAR. I like how the science in particular is pulled from the books, rather than a separate subject. Beyond FIAR seems like the right level for my girls. But we've read some of the books already.

Is MOH similar? I especially want the science related, and I would like grammar and writing lessons taken from the literature. I prefer "fun and appealing" over "rigorous".

Any other suggestions?

My Father's World is a history / science / literature unit study. The language arts assignments though are from separate recommended materials. I have not used FAIR, but many moms who use MFW started with FAIR. They do go for a fun appeal with hands on activities. You might like it.

• Like 1

I Used Learning Adventures with my children and we are starting with my grand daughter next week.  All time favorite of my children. 

Yep used this when we first started homeschooling and kids still talk about it now in highschool. Was definitely the best year of all!