Menu

AP US History self teaching curriculum?

Anyone know of any good cheap (under $100) or free curriculum out there that can be self paced?  Our dual enrollment course filled up and now I am scrambling as to what to do this year for US History.  He took a US high school history course in middle school so wanting one a little more in depth.  Hoping to get college credit for it and am hoping he can just take the AP exam and self study.  He is a smart cookie and I know he wouldn't have difficulties in passing if prepared.  Just can't afford $600 or more for an online class this year.  But I have no clue how to come up with a course this late in the game.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!

• 11 months later...

http://fundafunda.com/blog/in-depth-us-history-course-for-high-schoolers.html

I am not sure how much the materials would add up to.  I know our library has some of them.  

DS used this and loved it - especially the Johnson book.  He needed work on the essays and did a bunch extra, but we didn't add much more than that (other than a newer edition of a Barron's AP review book).  Scored a 5 (2016).

• Like 2