Menu

Hotmail problems?

Staceyshoe

Anyone else?  A few days ago, I received an email entitled "Welcome to the New Outlook Experience".  At the same moment, 3 weeks worth of inbox messages were deleted (and not in my delete folder).  Today I realize that I'm not receiving all the emails that are being sent to me, and the sender is not getting bounce-backs.  Surely, I'm not the only one!  Is there a solution?  I'm in the midst of some projects that are really important and *need* reliable email (not to mention the message that I didn't delete!).  Is there a solution?  Is Hotmail completely unreliable?

• Like 1

I did their help desk through chat--very professional and courteous.  They said that it is "escalating to a Level 2," and they scheduled an appointment for help over the phone this weekend.  *Really* hoping that my messages can be recovered and confidence restored.  I've had this email address for a long time, and it will be quite a process to change my primary email--but I will, if necessary.  It does seem odd that this isn't a system-wide problem.  Not sure whether to be hopeful about that or not.

• Like 1

Yes, IMO, Hotmail is not a reliable email provider.  Primarily, I base it on this experience: In 2013, the first time DD needed to take a Final Exam for a course, TTUISD sent an email to our Approved Proctor, with the file(s) attached to the email. She never received the email. They sent it again, probably 2 additional times. She never received the emails. Then, she signed up for a Gmail account. They sent it to that account and she received it in seconds. After that, I learned that it is common for Hotmail to "Silently Discard" emails that are sent to Hotmail accounts. "Silently Discard" means that Hotmail does not have the decency or courtesy to notify the Sender, or, the Recipient, that they have discarded the email.  

• Like 1