Menu

I have 52 large boxes and bins in my driveway...

Allearia

The charity is coming today to pick up 52 mostly large boxes and bins plus a few miscellaneous items.

16 of those boxes are books! The rest is mostly toys with some miscellaneous clothes and household items.

I still have many boxes of books to go through but those should be easier now that the rest of this stuff is gone.

I didn't think I'd ever get this done. I am exhausted.

Now tomorrow I am planning to start painting my kitchen cabinets. 😳

Is it too early for a margarita? The kids are at sleep away camp if that makes a difference...

• Like 17

does the charity know you have 52 boxes?  

when I was cleaning out my mother's house and had a lot of stuff - goodwill refused to take more than a couple boxes worth.  (and the last time I did community services for the blind - the guy picked through the few items I had and only took what he wanted, and left the rest.  I told them to never call me again.)

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 1

does the charity know you have 52 boxes?

when I was cleaning out my mother's house and had a lot of stuff - goodwill refused to take more than a couple boxes worth. (and the last time I did community services for the blind - the guy picked through the few items I had and only took what he wanted, and left the rest. I told them to never call me again.)

I had told them 35, I am a little worried they won't take the rest. When they have come before however they have usually just loaded it in the truck without much hassle. I scheduled another pickup in a few weeks just in case!

• Like 3

They took everything!

This bout of decluttering took me about 5 weeks. It's part of the reason I sent my kids to day camp and now sleep away camp this summer, because I just needed this to happen. Now I have to get the 1-800-GOT-JUNK people here this weekend.

ETA: I used the Salvation Army, mostly because they are a bit less picky, and will come and pick up furniture etc. you can also schedule online. Otherwise there are some other charities I might prefer but nothing beats having a big truck come and take everything away! I really did have some good stuff, so hopefully if some of it was questionable all the really nice stuff I donated will make up for it.

Edited by Allearia
  • Like 5

Um, I'm trying to fill up a second box to take to Goodwill today...does that count for anything? I'm daydreaming about a big home school garage sale at the end of the year, our last year of home schooling.

Good job!

Hey, if I could get it together to take a box or two to goodwill myself once in a while I wouldn't have gotten in this situation!

• Like 1