Menu

McGuffey

vaquitita

Has anyone used these?

http://everyday-education.com/1857-mcguffey-readers/

I already have a set of McGuffey, but I'm wondering how useful is the CM instructions in these?

I have been using RLTL for spelling with my big kids, and have considered using it to teach my youngest to read. But i don't really like the vertical phonics method, and the elson readers start off with much harder words right away. Whereas the McGuffey readers start with simple CVC words, which means we can get to reading from the book much sooner. Maybe I could use the McGuffey primer first and then move on to RLTL? Idk. And of course what I really want is spelled out lesson plans to use McGuffey the way Janice Campbell talks about. LOL

Eta: my other question if, if you teach a kid to spell alongside teaching them to read, does that mean you don't have to teach them spelling later? I've found my kids do much better with learning spelling later, 9-10. If I will still need to cover spelling when they're older, then I don't want to put a lot of energy in teaching my five year old to spell when I'm just going to have to do it again at ten. I didn't tie any writing to teaching reading to my older three, but I would like to add a little. Maybe just some oral spelling of words they are learning and copy work of the stories.

I'm trying to figure out how it would work out if I did this... if I teach reading in this manner with McGuffey, for grades k-2. Would I then switch to spelling with RLTL in 3rd? Or is trying to combine McGuffey with RLTL for spelling just over complicating things? 😂

Edited by vaquitita

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the McGuffey readers and your right, the free Treadwell's start our harder. That's what's in the rtlt book. Ah man. How did I forget that.

I'm gonna go back to the McGuffey readers for my one guy. I adore them anyway. I out them up on a shelf to look at after I used thembwith my boys fir awhile. I should have kept them out and used them

Good point, glad you said that, it helped me alot.

On spelling. I teach spellig along with reading . the goal then is to move more into vocab like Latin roots. That teaches to the child , they can figure out just about any word in English language .

Once they get the basic spelling diwn...if ya think about it...those basic blends , phonograms, all make uo the words. Adding prefixes, suffixes and Latin roots....that should take care of spelling. Just. Longer words derived from the phonograms, blends, and Latin roots.

I can't pull up the above link..but I was looking at the newer cm stuff over the weekend ( newer to me lol. I used English cir the thoughtful child with all 5 of my kids)

I'm going to go back to the McGuffey readers. As I read what you write I was like...duh! Why did I out those uo ??? Ha-ha. I know why. I didn't want them messed up :)

Im going to get them back down. The free Treadwell s that are in rtlt are harder and boys having more trouble with.

I'm gonna pull up that link when I get home.

• Like 1

I was able to pull it up... I want that. A blend of cm and the McGuffey's *in that way*?

Oh yea. Me thinks...yes :) lol

I want it.

I want another set of McGuffey s anyway for my daughter to teach her daughter.

I'm so glad you posted this, and glad you mentioned McGuffey. What a dunce * ive been.

I*knew those books helped them. I guess I was so wanting to move them along. Sigh .

The free Treadwell primer even is hard.

Thanks for posting :)

Edited by Kat w
  • Like 1

I use McGuffey to teach my girls to read. Then I introduce spelling with AAS.

Usually kids can read above their spelling ability. Reading and spelling skills are very different.

I find that its best to wait to introduce AAS level 1 until they have nearly finished both the Primer and the first reader. I tried to introduce AAS1 at the beginning of the first reader, but it went so slow and we had to stop it a few times and just wait a few months (I did this with two different kids). I then find that they can usually breeze through level 1 and 2 rather quickly, within a year perhaps. 

• Like 1

Had to see what version I have. I have Wiley

Eta: hmm, mine don't say Wiley on them but they do have the same cover with a blue ship. I'm not sure what edition they are.

Taking a closer look, the McGuffey primer only sticks to CVC words for the first six lessons. Sigh... I found my kids needed practice with the CVC stuff for awhile. I don't know what to do

Edited by vaquitita
  • Like 1

I had to look too. Mine are the Mott media, I also have the Kimball's elementary English books vol 1 and 2.

I used them with my big kids. I should use them with my little ones too. I just looked them over again and oh the richness in them.

My editions are copywrite 1911. They are very delicate and when my big kids used them, I had them do it orally with me or rewrite the sentences. I'd use them for dictation and analys sentences when they were ready for dictation.

I'm going to look for a set on eBay. They are very fragile and slightly worn . Still great condition but books thst old, ID never let my little ones touch lol.

Glad even more you made this post. I'm going to order more Kimball's English to use with them.

I wonder Hunter, what's the difference in the McGuffey's? Do you know?

Edited by Kat w
  • Like 1

So, am I reading the webpage right? The cm type of stuff is in the readers themselves ? We don't have to purchase a separate manual for the cm portion?

Was that your takeaway of it vaquitita?

I noticed it said they were paperbacks, so ...probably the cm part is in the books themselves already? Yes?

I am going to buy book 1 and see how I like it. I'm sure I will.

• Like 1

The Mott Media and the Wiley are very very different. Mott Media is hard core Presbyterian hell and brimstone. Wiley is basically secular with an occasional very light touch of Unitarian in a poem. The USA changed a lot in those years. Mott Media version same out when the blue back speller and the Westminster Catechism was still taught in schools.

• Like 1

Ahhh gotchya. Ok. Well. I'm Presbyterian haha.

Our old pastor gave them to us when he retired and moved. He loved our family and we loved him.

Vaquitita...baha!!!! It's easy to let that stuff slip by huh? :)

Until I looked, I didn't know mine were that old either, but knew they were worn from being g touched, like the print on the outside had started to fade. I really put them up from the little ones cuz of the nostalgia.

Love the Kimball's too. You should check it out on eBay or if you have a used book store around there.

We have a massively huge used book store here with a vintage/antique section. Thays where I got the Kimball's. Love those Kimball's. If you like the McGuffey's, you'll like the Kimball's too.

I'm gonna look at our bookstore for more Kimball's. My lil kids would benefit from that.

Love me some old wonderful books! Lol.

Hunter, I'm so glad you know that stuff. Ive git to get back to teaching the kids catechisms. I used to use it for copy and memory work. We have VERY low working memory here.

This has been the kick in the pants for me to get back to that.

They have their own kids catechism books.

And will help us with memory by memorizing .

Vaquitita, are you going g to get the one with the cm in it?

Edited by Kat w

Hunter, I wonder, you'll probably know. Which version are these on the website above?

Probably the latter huh?

My last name is Wiley :) the kids would like that lol.

But you said they were different than both right? Did I understand that right?

Glad you know about these things. :)

So, am I reading the webpage right? The cm type of stuff is in the readers themselves ? We don't have to purchase a separate manual for the cm portion?

Was that your takeaway of it vaquitita?

I noticed it said they were paperbacks, so ...probably the cm part is in the books themselves already? Yes?

I am going to buy book 1 and see how I like it. I'm sure I will.

According to their own site there's only an "18 page introduction" on how to use these books in a cm-manner.

Iow, if you're already comfortable with cm, it's just a prolonged intro.... And if you're NOT then eighteen pages really isn't sufficient you know what I mean?

Ymmv

When the earthquake almost knocked the bookcase over on me, was when I lost my love for hoarding books. Once something threatens to kill you, you never feel the same way about it again.

I gradually worked and worked on whittling my book collection. Then the road got torn up and the foundation dug for two high rises and a giant outdoor cockroach nest got disrupted. The roaches swarmed up the pipes of my high rise building and didn't know where to go, so just made a giant nest of my building. The ones that couldn't hide in my cabinets, closet, laundry basket and of course books, hung out on the walls and even climbed on me in broad daylight.

I just heaped EVERYTHING into trash bags and threw it ALL away. No choosing. No worrying about the future. I got rid of it ALL.

I moved. I thought about maybe buying a couple books. I heard my neighbor talking to bed bug exterminators. I decided I don't need many books at all. Nope. I never worry about several years ahead. Who knows where *I* will be in several years. :lol:

• Like 1

Oh, and in case you are wondering. Handbook of Nature Study DOES have an entry on cockroaches. And yes we DID use it to study the roaches. :lol: I kept that book for awhile and just shook out the roaches when I used it, but I didn't bring it with me when I moved. I do miss that book. I might replace it.

• Like 5

No Hunter I wasn't, thank you for posting. I'm going to read it. :)

In your estimation Hunter, do you think the original link is better? Worse? Just different?

• Like 1

According to their own site there's only an "18 page introduction" on how to use these books in a cm-manner.

Iow, if you're already comfortable with cm, it's just a prolonged intro.... And if you're NOT then eighteen pages really isn't sufficient you know what I mean?

Ymmv

The former if what you said is sort of what I was thinking. I wasn't sure how to interpret what they were saying.

I was just thinking. I could just use my books and incorporate cm method...which really, is what I did with my big kids . I have the McGuffey readers and English for the Thoughtful child in hand...as a new HS mama..I was ready! Lol

Yes, I agree. One not familiar with that method....18 pages..ain't gonna get em there lol.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I was perplexed by their wording, wondering * exactly * what they meant .

Tanx :)

• Like 1

Frankly, I want to use something that my kids are allowed to touch. So maybe I won't be using McGuffey's...

At this point I don't have any real attachment to them because I've never used them.

I agree with you. With my big kids, I used them but with 3kids, thsts why I had them copy (copy work) or dictate (dictation) , then there was orally....so......

Vaquitita... Ya...wanna...sell em????

I will buy them :)

If you want to. I want them please. If not , I totally get why you'd want to keep them :)

Let me know k?

• Like 1

We use McGuffey readers (blue & gold set) for phonics instruction.  I usually start reading instruction at age 4 or 5, depending on their readiness.  If they aren't remembering letter sounds fairly well, we delay instruction for a couple months, then try again.  Here is our sequence:

• learning letter sounds--we've used with ETC Primers or MCP K along with puzzles or games
  • blending--I use letter tiles or homemade letter flashcards and we cover lots of CVC words.  Some of my DC have picked this up very quickly, and two spend a few weeks on it.
  • McGuffey Primer--we read about a lesson per day, two of my DC would re-read a lesson more than once.  I also add in Webster's Reading Handbook, although I just picked up MP's Classical Phonics and really like it too!  They are both very similar, but Classical Phonics has some nice pages for introducing each letter.  We also have added in ETC or MCP workbooks for extra practice.  My current reader is using Core Skills Phonics, which I like so far.  I prefer workbooks with little writing, so we often skipped the writing portions of MCP.  
  • About halfway through the Primer, I usually start to add in "fun" readers like Frog and Toad or Dr. Seuss.  We continue through the first or second readers.  I tried incorporating lessons for my older DC with the higher levels of McGuffey, but I prefer more open and go materials (like ELTL).    
  • We continue reading practice with HOD's Emerging Reader books.  My 6yo is just starting on these!  

We add dictation at 4th grade with Spelling Wisdom.  I usually just introduce spelling rules at they come up, although they covered some with ELTL too.     

Edited by Holly
  • Like 2

We use McGuffey readers (blue & gold set) for phonics instruction. Here is our sequence:

• learning letter sounds--we've used with ETC Primers or MCP K along with puzzles or games
  • blending--I use letter tiles or homemade letter flashcards and we cover lots of CVC words. Some of my DC have picked this up very quickly, and two spend a few weeks on it.
  • McGuffey Primer--we read about a lesson per day, two of my DC would re-read a lesson more than once. I also add in Webster's Reading Handbook, although I just picked up MP's Classical Phonics and really like it too! They are both very similar, but Classical Phonics has some nice pages for introducing each letter. We also have added in ETC or MCP workbooks for extra practice. My current reader is using Core Skills Phonics, which I like so far. I prefer workbooks with little writing, so we often skipped the writing portions of MCP.
  • About halfway through the Primer, I usually start to add in "fun" readers like Frog and Toad or Dr. Seuss. We continue through the first or second readers. I tried incorporating lessons for my older DC with the higher levels of McGuffey, but I prefer more open and go materials (like ELTL).
We add dictation at 4th grade with Spelling Wisdom. I usually just introduce spelling rules at they come up.

Holly, I'm so glad to hear you like the MP classical phoncis and the core skills phonics. I jus ordered them both . so excited to get them! :)

What's ETC?

I never worry about several years ahead. Who knows where *I* will be in several years. :lol:

Yeah. Lol. But it seems wrong to give everything away, when I know I will be teaching one more kid to read. I do want to not be storing much stuff though. So I want to get rid of all but one thing. I just can't decide which ones to get rid of. :D

AAR - I have all five levels, there are good things about it, but I dislike all the pieces. I'm even quitting in the middle of level three for my two middle kids this year. I just don't want to do it anymore. Otoh, the beginning level was fun and enjoyable. I wouldn't mind doing that again.

RLTL - can't get rid of that, I'm using it for spelling with my two oldest right now.

Pathway readers - my daughter is reading these and I planned to give them to my 6yo this year. They're just enjoyable extra reading practice.

Bob books - maybe these should go. But then I think they might be good for the early CVC days and then we could move to RLTL?

McGuffey - ive never used these, maybe these should go. Especially if I'm afraid to use such old books with my kids. But then maybe this is exactly what I want. And the only time my son would have the book is reading with me. The other things would be oral or I would write out what he needed to copy...

Every time I make up my mind to get rid of something, I change it again. Lol

Eta: my new goal had been to stick with what works for us. So rather than dump everything and switch to McGuffey, I need to think about what has worked. RLTL for spelling has gone fabulously. Both my middle two kids loved the Bob books. Both of them, and me, enjoyed AAR pre level. Every body loves the pathways books.

So maybe there is my plan. AAR pre reading for learning letter sounds and all those pre reading skills. Then use Bob books for beginning reading. And afterwards go on to RLTL. How does that sound?

Edited by vaquitita
  • Like 1

I've got a few things to say. I'm going to start with the more concise lessons typically found in vintage readers and other texts. The best and most concise description I have found of how brief lessons in the readers were expanded is in

Hoenshel's Language Lessons and Elementary Grammar

https://books.google.com/books?id=u1cXAAAAIAAJ&source=gbs_navlinks_s

Start reading at "Chart Work" on page 11.

This is similar to what is described in Ruth Beechick's The Three R's, but is more specific.

https://www.amazon.com/Three-Rs-Ruth-Beechick/dp/0880620749

If you like the composition lessons that follow the chart work, this later book by Hoenshel gives a more expanded explanation of the composition lessons. Be sure to read "Stories from Number Work" on page 13.

https://books.google.com/books?id=Zn8SAAAAIAAJ&source=gbs_navlinks_s

Edited by Hunter
  • Like 1

Ella Frances Lynch's Educating the Child at Home. Start on Page 75 How to Teach English.

https://books.google.com/books?id=uX5ATXh2mEgC&source=gbs_navlinks_s

The author uses Longfellow's poem Hiawatha, but you can use the idea with any text. When I read this book, I realized that the primary way my sister learned to read was through this method applied to her Bible memory verses and hymn singing.

When the brown Mott Media texts were written in the 1830's, they were a SUPPLEMENT to intense drilling with a syllabary and the Westminster Chatechism and the singing of the Scottish Psalter.

Free Don Potter Psalter

http://www.donpotter.net/pdf/psalmsreader.pdf

The hardcopy version for purchase

https://www.amazon.com/Psalms-Reader-Teaching-Twenty-First-Children/dp/1481079530/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470843348&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=don+potter+psalms+reader

The Mott Media version is the best version to teach KJV only children who are primarily taught with the books listed in the thread linked above about the 1836 Home Library. Words like "vex" will appear earlier rather than later. These books are not at all PC by current standards are but do not contain anything that children reared with a typical 1836 Home library were/are not exposed to. The dialogue between a small child and his father about the dead mother's body growing colder is a good example.

Children learned to read before the first readers were published. The readers were more for vocabulary and application of the words, not learning to decode. And later editions were concise literature libraries for frontier and poorer children with smaller libraries. As the country dropped the former religious practices that ensured literacy, a secular substitute was needed.

The Wiley version was published in CM's period, and complements the more lavish and child-centered home libraries and lifestyles of the times.

Edited by Hunter
  • Like 2

Speller and Reader didn't mean the same thing back then as they do now.

A speller taught decoding as well as spelling. Spelling was not just written work. It was learning to decode/read and oral spelling as well as written work.

Readers taught spelling as well as reading. The words in each reader were used for spelling practice. These words were like frequency spelling lists, whereas the speller taught rules and patterns.

Edited by Hunter
  • Like 2

When the brown Mott Media texts were written in the 1830's, they were a SUPPLEMENT to intense drilling with a syllabary and the Westminster Chatechism and the singing of the Scottish Psalter.

...The Mott Media version is the best version to teach KJV only children who are primarily taught with the books listed in the thread linked above about the 1836 Home Library.

...Children learned to read before the first readers were published.

HOMEschooling is all about the HOME. The choice of readers, or not to use readers at all, needs to complement your home library and lifestyle.

This has given me a lot t think about. One, it sounds like the McGuffey readers were used more in the way RLTL is than I would have thought. And secondly, that McGuffey doesn't really fit in with the rest of what we do.

We like the 'flavor' of the Treadwell and Pathway readers. The only problem with these two, is one requires lots of work on my part to figure out what the new material being taught is and the other is very sight word heavy. I think the Elson readers used in RLTL are similar to the Treadwell readers? But all the info I need is already spelled out for me. Though if I go that route, I will probably be tempted to buy the real Elson readers so we can have all the pictures. Lol

Edited by vaquitita
  • Like 2

I bought theFree Treadwell readers and rtlt with the readers built in.

Thy are identical (if memory serves me).

I read the writer of rtlt refer to them as elson.

Maybe they were redone with up to date language and fir copywriter ir trademark reasons? ...they had to call them elson?

That confused me too. I meant to Google it and forgot lol

• Like 1

Free Don Potter Psalter

http://www.donpotter.net/pdf/psalmsreader.pdf

The hardcopy version for purchase

https://www.amazon.com/Psalms-Reader-Teaching-Twenty-First-Children/dp/1481079530/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470843348&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=don+potter+psalms+reader

The Mott Media version is the best version to teach KJV only children who are primarily taught with the books listed in the thread linked above about the 1836 Home Library. Words like "vex" will appear earlier rather than later. These books are not at all PC by current standards are but do not contain anything that children reared with a typical 1836 Home library were/are not exposed to. The dialogue between a small child and his father about the dead mother's body growing colder is a good example.

Children learned to read before the first readers were published. The readers were more for vocabulary and application of the words, not learning to decode. And later editions were concise literature libraries for frontier and poorer children with smaller libraries. As the country dropped the former religious practices that ensured literacy, a secular substitute was needed.

The Wiley version was published in CM's period, and complements the more lavish and child-centered home libraries and lifestyles of the times.

My kids are asleep in the school room (we jus did it so they are excited about it)

I don't remember that being KJV.

I used them with my older kids...thwy were , well, 2 of the 3 were advanced in reading so maybe that's why I don't remember .

I did teach it alongside the Westminster catechism. But we use the esv.

I can't wait to check that tomorrow.

Hunter, you are so interesting to converse with.

Love this thread vaquitita! :)

Edited by Kat w
  • Like 2

I bought theFree Treadwell readers and rtlt with the readers built in.

Thy are identical (if memory serves me).

I read the writer of rtlt refer to them as elson.

Maybe they were redone with up to date language and fir copywriter ir trademark reasons? ...they had to call them elson?

That confused me too. I meant to Google it and forgot lol

Well my copies of Treadwell and RLTL are definitely different stories.mthe Treadwell primer starts with the little red hen and gingerbread boy, it continues with more folk tales. Whereas the Elson primer in RLTL 1 starts with stories about Alice and her cat.

• Like 2

Yeah. Lol. But it seems wrong to give everything away, when I know I will be teaching one more kid to read. I do want to not be storing much stuff though. So I want to get rid of all but one thing. I just can't decide which ones to get rid of. :D

AAR - I have all five levels, there are good things about it, but I dislike all the pieces. I'm even quitting in the middle of level three for my two middle kids this year. I just don't want to do it anymore. Otoh, the beginning level was fun and enjoyable. I wouldn't mind doing that again.

RLTL - can't get rid of that, I'm using it for spelling with my two oldest right now.

Pathway readers - my daughter is reading these and I planned to give them to my 6yo this year. They're just enjoyable extra reading practice.

Bob books - maybe these should go. But then I think they might be good for the early CVC days and then we could move to RLTL?

McGuffey - ive never used these, maybe these should go. Especially if I'm afraid to use such old books with my kids. But then maybe this is exactly what I want. And the only time my son would have the book is reading with me. The other things would be oral or I would write out what he needed to copy...

Every time I make up my mind to get rid of something, I change it again. Lol

Eta: my new goal had been to stick with what works for us. So rather than dump everything and switch to McGuffey, I need to think about what has worked. RLTL for spelling has gone fabulously. Both my middle two kids loved the Bob books. Both of them, and me, enjoyed AAR pre level. Every body loves the pathways books.

So maybe there is my plan. AAR pre reading for learning letter sounds and all those pre reading skills. Then use Bob books for beginning reading. And afterwards go on to RLTL. How does that sound?

I think that sounds like a great plan.

Even if I do want the McGuffey's!!!:-0

Ha-ha :)

No really, kidding aside. That does sound like a good plan and all those compliment each other. IV used and use all of them too. :)

I love 'em.

Edited by Kat w
  • Like 1

Well my copies of Treadwell and RLTL are definitely different stories.mthe Treadwell primer starts with the little red hen and gingerbread boy, it continues with more folk tales. Whereas the Elson primer in RLTL 1 starts with stories about Alice and her cat.

Ok. I'm too curious now. I'm gonna have to risk wakin them to go get the books. Brb

Is there a level before level 1 in RLTL?

Cuz, your right. Level 1 starts our with Alice and her cat.

Yay!!! I didn't waste money and got 2 different golden ( old) stes of readers ( the elson being in the rtlt) .

K. I feel way better now...and daggone if I haven't been having the boys read from rtlt cuz I was thinking they were the same readers. We've been using them for phonograms and word analysis.

I remember now. I almost bought the elsons then saw that rtlt uses the elsons.

K . confusion over haha :)

All that time I was feelin like I sorta wasted some money!

Although , it wouldn't have been, cuz with the elsons being inside the RLTL..that's mor cumbersome if I gave it to them to just free read.

(Probably not THEIR idea of free reading :))

I gotta do what I gotta do to get things read that is good for them :)

Aka, that mom wants them to read :)

• Like 2

....now I want a separate set of elsons :)

Baha! It never ends does it?

LOL. Nope, never.

Rainbow resource carries the Elson readers up through book 8! I'm sure my 5th grader will love having to read a reader again! Bwahaha! He read all the Treadwell books YC has reprinted and the Pathways thru 4th grade, but then the series changes after that I believe so we didn't get anymore. He's currently using RLTL 3 but for spelling, so I don't even have him read the stories they are so easy. But I could have him read aloud from Elson book five instead.

I'm going to get rid of my mcguffey's and AAR and then go out and buy Elson's :D I know, I will dig out the pathways learning thru sounds workbooks and ABCS and all their tricks and get rid of those too. I dont use them. Then I won't feel too bad. I could probably get rid of climbing to good English as well, but I want to wait and see if ELTL works for us this year. We haven't actually used it yet, so who knows. CTGE didn't work so well when we did it, but I think that there were a few different reasons for that and if I was to do it over I could make it work. It just might be that much as I love the idea of ELTL, I just have to go with a git-R-done workbook.

• Like 2

Hunter, you are so interesting to converse with.

)

I agree. Every time I read hunters threads I have to refrain from throwing out what we're doing and using whatever she's talking about, LOL

Vaquitita, you are very interesting and a joy to talk to too :)

Haha, thank you. You almost talked yourself out of my mcguffey's! :) I had finally decided to sell them, then had some serious second thoughts after this thread. :)

• Like 2

Baha!! I know! I had to keep tellin myself....shut...up! Ha-ha;)

Yipeeeeeee!! Ha-ha.

Elson readers...those are the best Baha! ;)

I could do my...*I got a hold of sumpin and it's like a kid a Christmas dance*

Tee hee

So glad I shut up when I did lol

:)

Edited by Kat w
  • Like 2

Elson and Treadwell are different sets.

When using a sightwork or literature based reader set, you need to supplement with an old fashioned syllabary or O-G or something. If I remember correctly RLTL supplies a lot of O-G lessons before starting the 1st reader. I linked above to the Hoenshel chart work that was designed to be used before a 1st reader. Don Potter has some charts and stuff that were designed to supplement the 1920/30 type sight word and literature reading sets. Blumenfeld's now free Alpha-Phonics works well as a supplement to sight word and literature sets. Many reader sets were not designed to teach decoding and phonics. There was a speller for that!

Never stop using something that is working, just because I am talking about something! If it works, keep using it. Educational theory is my hobby, and as time has passed older methods of education theory are my passion. This works for ME because they are free e-books and that complements my chaotic lifestyle. I share the info I learn, because humans like to talk/write about what they are doing and learning. But no one should EVER switch to something I'm playing around with, when they are doing fine with what they have.

• Like 1