Menu

Is there anywhere to get spherical plastic "eggs"?

Dmmetler

DD wants to make "Pokeballs" and have a toy reptile along with a "Pokemon" card giving facts about the real life animal inside for a kids' talk this year. Pre-made Pokeballs are definitely on the pricey side. Does anyone make round "eggs"? I've already checked Michaels and Hobby Lobby.

They're usually available around Christmas, and marketed as make-your-own ornaments. Clear plastic. No hinge, just splits into 2 parts. When mine were kids, they would use discarded containers from toys sold in vending machines.

They're usually available around Christmas, and marketed as make-your-own ornaments. Clear plastic. No hinge, just splits into 2 parts. When mine were kids, they would use discarded containers from toys sold in vending machines.

You can get those on ebay (who knew?)  http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/190209649683?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

or Amazon https://www.amazon.com/-muzu-2-55Inch-Vending-Capsules-Opacity/dp/B00AZQTNYI/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1470506868&sr=8-23&keywords=empty+vending+machine+capsules

Edited by KarenNC

The red vending capsules look perfect! It may still put it out of her usual price range, but we'll see.

She may be able to find them elsewhere less expensively. They also make "acorn" vending capsules with a dome and flattened base, but that wouldn't look as much like a pokeball. 

The only other option I can think of that would be cheaper would require more labor. She could make paper mache balls around a round object of appropriate size and cut them in half, then paint them. With that, she could build in a hinge if she wanted.