Menu

Ds moves to campus in 27 days. I thought I was fine. Sigh...

FaithManor

I mean, I am fine in the sense that I am so excited for him. I really am. But, this is my fun loving, happy go lucky, adventurous kid with whom we have a lot of fun, and I am very much going to miss him. I feel this whole in my heart.

Sigh...and then I'm down to one, Mr. "Independent-learner-don't-need-mom" boy. He is one super, duper easy kid, and we have a great relationship. But with only two years left and then he is gone too, I feel like I am in this whirlwind of change. They are going to be just fine, just like their two older sibs. Still....

I've made plans; I have a pretty firm grasp of what I am doing post homeschooling, however it is still hitting me a little harder than I expected. I don't think it helped when his youth leader at church was talking about how much he was going to miss ds - during a meeting last night - and my mom who was in attendance started crying. GAH!

Anyone else feeling it right now?

• Like 2

:grouphug:

My youngest leaves two weeks from today. She is ready and I am happy for her. But honestly, I thought my oldest leaving was going to be the hardest on me. He is the one I worry about. Now I am realizing just how much my dd has become my confidant. I am worried about handling it when they are both gone. I have some plans, but not enough yet. I have been building up and getting ready for this, but I'm feeling it. I'm feeling it much more than I like.

(((FaithManor)))

I have one who has been told he mayn't leave. (You've seen his pic on FB, the tall, dark curly-haired one.) He's just not really permitted to grow up; I'm still looking for a workaround. Not sure I can do without him! This is his senior year, so I'm running out of time...

Who gave these kids the idea we were okay with them growing up!  :crying:

• Like 5

Oh my, this hits home! We leave in 12 days to take my only DS to college, and then I have one 16 yo DD left at home. I randomly break into tears while driving or talking...  I did not expect to be feeling this sad!

I remember bawling in the grocery store before my twins left for college when I realized that the sell by date on the milk didn't matter because they would be gone before any of the dates.  

• Like 2

Yup. I'm in this club, too. Oldest dd leaves in 21 days and will be a good 6 hours plus away. I tear up when I'm in the car by myself running errands. A close friend wants to come along to drop off dd so she can spray silly string everywhere while I try not to break out into loud sobs. (Everyone ought to have a friend ready to be a diversion!)

Most of all, I realize how close dd and I have been...a good thing, yes. But I'm not looking forward to that close day to day relationship changing so drastically. My younger two think this is hilarious. No sympathy there!

• Like 2

((Hugs))

I've always thought I'd be pretty cool with it all.  Then, I've been informed in the past couple of weeks that this time next year all THREE of mine will be moving out at the same time!  My soon to be 20 year old is planning on moving out to an apartment in a nearby city.  My younger two will be going away to college.  We will go from a full house to an empty nest in one fell swoop and it is hitting me a tad harder than I expected.  Next year will be weird.

• Like 1

Sixteen days here. He's my oldest and we have a really close relationship. He had several major surgeries two years ago and I was his primary caregiver and helper, so we have spent a lot more time together than most of his peers have with their mothers. I have general feelings of anxiety and random weepy-ness, mixed with excitement for what I know lies ahead for him. But man, I am going to miss him fiercely!

• Like 2

I am so there with you right now. I've always been emotionally steady- but right now, I feel like a lunatic. Peaceful and content one moment, teary-eyed and sniffling the next. The house - every room - has evidence of her packing/moving. In less than two weeks (OMG) - - - she's off on her new adventures

She's packing clothes & I realized that when I see her again she will have new clothes that I wasn't there when she picked them out (she's never been big on shopping with friends - it's always been the two of us...). 😫 One more thing that will change!!

I've used the term "bittersweet" often as my kids are growing up. But this is, by far, the most bittersweet time I have ever experienced in my life. And I'm not really enjoying this part. 😑

Dh is becoming more withdrawn as we get closer. It sure wasn't his idea for her to go to school so far away. *sniff* She's his best buddy- and he is gonna miss her like crazy. ðŸ™

They're gonna be happy, though. Right? 😶😄

• Like 2