Menu

Custody changes and teen boys and stuff

Scarlett

Scarlett, how long has dss15 been there full time? When he starts school will he have activities with other kids where ds16 isn't there?

The situation sounds confusing and hard to navigate for all parties, but it will get better. It is obvious you are doing your best to help your family adjust and help dss feel like an equal member of the family.  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Scarlett, how long has dss15 been there full time? When he starts school will he have activities with other kids where ds16 isn't there?

The situation sounds confusing and hard to navigate for all parties, but it will get better. It is obvious you are doing your best to help your family adjust and help dss feel like an equal member of the family. :grouphug:

Ds16 starts morning votech next this month. And he also has 3 high school courses to do in the afternoon. Ds15 will be homeschooled and I don't know how much time he will take since he has never been homeschooled. I really don't anticipate a lot of times where dss15 will be doing things where ds16 isnt also invited. Two Wednesdays a month ds16 has dinner with his dad. That takes about 2 hours. And every other weekend dss15 will be spending with his mom.

Ds16 starts morning votech next this month. And he also has 3 high school courses to do in the afternoon. Ds15 will be homeschooled and I don't know how much time he will take since he has never been homeschooled. I really don't anticipate a lot of times where dss15 will be doing things where ds16 isnt also invited. Two Wednesdays a month ds16 has dinner with his dad. That takes about 2 hours. And every other weekend dss15 will be spending with his mom.

Will he have any extracurriculars? Particularly ones that ds16 doesn't also do, or that have a large enough group for them to both have their own circle?

It seems ds16 will have plenty of time with people his age without his brother due to votech. Is there a way to provide group interaction for dss15 as well?

I really think most likely this will sort itself out as dss15 gets more established there. I still feel the answer to the original question of how much should you make ds16 include his brother is not at all, especially if he isn't being deliberately rude about it.

• Like 3