Menu

What's with the ads?

DawnM

Were the boards NOT down?

The boards were down for about 18 hours for me, but it looks like the posting went on while I was not able to log on.

No one else had the boards down with a time countdown when you tried to log on?

I had the board logging me out every time I switched between the board and a specific thread yesterday, but it resolved by late last night and has been behaving today.

• Like 5

Based on another thread I read I think it depends which device you use?

I only tried accessing it from my PC last night/early this morning. It was down til sometime later today. I don't know when exactly it came back up. The timer was a bit off. Like one time I logged in it said 45 min. of maintenance left. The next time I logged on (sometime after 45 min. had passed) the timer was gone but it just said it would be back shortly or something to that effect.

I was also surprised to see people had been posting all along. I guess they were using a phone or tablet.

I had some weirdness on my phone--kept getting logged out. No problem at all on the laptop or iPad.

In the past week I've had it happen twice that I got a message that there was a problem with my SQL server (which is kind of nonsensical) and I couldn't look at any of the forums. Both happened late at night, so I figured the internet was telling me it was time to go sleep.

Mine was on two different Apple computers.  Both wouldn't let me log on.

I wonder if they are updating the board interface for each device one at a time, which is why some phones were down yesterday, some Apple computers today, etc.

In the past week I've had it happen twice that I got a message that there was a problem with my SQL server (which is kind of nonsensical) and I couldn't look at any of the forums. Both happened late at night, so I figured the internet was telling me it was time to go sleep.

I don't know if it's the same message I get, but every night at the same time I get a message the board is down and yet I still try to log on late at night lol. I think for me it's around 2am it screws up.

I could get directly to the forums (forums.welltrainedmind.com), but not to the forums thought the main website (www.welltrainedmind.com). 

• Like 2

I don't know if it's the same message I get, but every night at the same time I get a message the board is down and yet I still try to log on late at night lol. I think for me it's around 2am it screws up.

It was like 2:45am on Saturday night, iirc (stayed up too late discussing Captain Fantastic with my wife - we'd watched it in shifts that afternoon/evening). Not sure how late it was the other time.

I could not log on all day today.  I happened to google the board and checked the chat board and it worked!  But, my bookmark no longer worked?

I could login on my kid's laptop, my iphone and kindle. I think it was down for me for 5mins last night.

It was like 2:45am on Saturday night, iirc (stayed up too late discussing Captain Fantastic with my wife - we'd watched it in shifts that afternoon/evening). Not sure how late it was the other time.

It goes down every night at that time. It actually was probably 2:24. I am in a different time zone so it is not that late where I am but if I am on at that time it goes down.

Edited by MistyMountain

I could not log on all day today.  I happened to google the board and checked the chat board and it worked!  But, my bookmark no longer worked?

This is what happened to me today. Couldn't log on from the desktop, could from the phone, my bookmark didn't work, but when I googled, it came up.

I have this as well. Starting a few minutes before 2:30am EST lasting five minutes or so. I end up pretty much always checking at that time of night, and I get it every time without fail.

I also had the problem yesterday of not being able to stay signed in. I've never had that before. It seemed to be only on my phone.

I get that one frequently.

From my iPad, I had the constant kick-out thing. From my laptop, I couldn't get on at all.

I had the issue of being constantly looked out yesterday afternoon and again this morning on my iPad. But last night and the rest of the day today everything has worked fine. I hope it is all resolved soon.