Menu

PSAT: which date?

The PSAT is difficult for some of us to register for since we have to go through a local entity such as a public or private school. Unlike the SAT or ACT, you cannot simply register your student online & show up. The registration & payment go through someone at the local brick-and-mortar school.

I've been in contact on the phone (a year ago), in person (this past spring), and with a follow-up note (this summer) with the next district over's guidance counselor, who does the scheduling for her school. Hopefully, my dd#1 will be able to take the PSAT this fall. When I call to confirm her spot in early September, I will check to see which date they have scheduled. I'm assuming the Wednesday date since that is usually when the local schools give it. The closest school to me will not let anyone outside their full time registered students take the PSAT at their location.

So, I would contact the local schools and see who is willing to let your child take it there & when they are offering it.

• Like 1