Menu

Weight Loss/Maintenance Support - August

IfIOnly

Have you tried stevia?

I have, and I'm probably going to transition to Stevia. But my favorite iced tea mix uses artificial sweeteners :( I have severe issues with liquids causing severe reflux thanks to damage from pregnancy related vomiting, so I'm very very hesitant to try to switch off to something else. 

Question for you folks! Especially if you do Paleo or have done it. I'm not taking in anywhere near enough calories by MyFitnessPal estimates {My goal is 1400, I've been getting in anywhere from 800-1100 the last couple of days}. I'm not hungry at all for most of the day - things sound good but they tend to not be Paleo and even then it's just a passing hmm that sounds good, KWIM? Do I need to push myself to eat for the calories or can I call it good since I'm not hungry? And if I need to eat more - ideas? Can't be super high fat as I'm also dealing with gallbladder issues that I have to keep in balance. 

• Like 1

I have, and I'm probably going to transition to Stevia. But my favorite iced tea mix uses artificial sweeteners :( I have severe issues with liquids causing severe reflux thanks to damage from pregnancy related vomiting, so I'm very very hesitant to try to switch off to something else. 

Question for you folks! Especially if you do Paleo or have done it. I'm not taking in anywhere near enough calories by MyFitnessPal estimates {My goal is 1400, I've been getting in anywhere from 800-1100 the last couple of days}. I'm not hungry at all for most of the day - things sound good but they tend to not be Paleo and even then it's just a passing hmm that sounds good, KWIM? Do I need to push myself to eat for the calories or can I call it good since I'm not hungry? And if I need to eat more - ideas? Can't be super high fat as I'm also dealing with gallbladder issues that I have to keep in balance. 

For a couple of days it's not an issue, but on a long-term basis it tends to result in lack of nutrients, and also result in a higher proportion of weight loss being muscle. Muscle loss doesn't just affect muscles such as your biceps, but also internal muscles such as your heart. On a longer-term basis I'd highly recommend trying to make sure your weekly average is at least 1200. (I'm assuming that your tracking is reasonably accurate as far as calorie count.)

How about mashed sweet potatoes/parsnips with some broth mashed in? That should be tasty and easy to eat. 

Edited by kiana
  • Like 1

I haven't lost anything for 6 weeks or so. It is okay, though, I'm in it for the long haul. I've lost 30 pounds this calendar year. My goal is 40 for this year. I should be ready to drop another 5-10 pounds in the next month or two since I've been on a plateau this long.

Oh, wow. I didn't know weight loss could happen like that. Good to know! That puts a different perspective on thing for me next time I stall, so far, for a week or two. You're so patient too. I hope that loss happens soon for you!

I have our of state company coming and don't know how I'm going to count calories with the meals I have planned. Anyone have tips on how to stay on plan when it's too much to figure out calorie amounts? I'm really motivated to keep on keeping on because I'm so close to losing ten pounds and near the tens place I want to be in (but on the lower end eventually).

I'm thinking of just skipping carbs or tiny amounts and fill up on protein and veggies. Menu for company looks like:

Pork tenderloin, green beans, mashed potatoes

Grilled burgers, house salad, French fries (reg and sweet potato)

Thai chicken kabobs, Asian coleslaw, rice

Oh, I appreciate your articles. That was helpful. So basically eat a high carb meal if stalling? That would be my takeaway! ;)

Oh, I appreciate your articles. That was helpful. So basically eat a high carb meal if stalling? That would be my takeaway! ;)

Haha, or just keep doing what you're doing and the whoosh will happen eventually with or without the carbs. The big takeaway is "patience, and don't expect weight loss to be regular week to week"