Menu

Punctuation Help

I just gave my son his end of year standardized test (required by our state). He totally bombed the punctuation section. He's had three years of FLL, WWE, and AAS. Help! Is there a resource/workbook/program/ANYTHING that focuses just on punctuation? 

How much do those actually focus on punctuation? FLL is grammar, isn't it? But WWE and AAS are not, right? Maybe you need grammar, since so much punctuation has to do with grammar.

How much do those actually focus on punctuation? FLL is grammar, isn't it? But WWE and AAS are not, right? Maybe you need grammar, since so much punctuation has to do with grammar.

Yes, FLL is grammar, and it also covered punctuation, but informally. WWE also covered punctuation, through copywork. 

On the test, he missed all problems with capitalization, and ending punctuation. He can tell you the difference between periods/?/! and when to use capital letters, but he didn't notice when they were used incorrectly in ANY of the problems. One set of answers had a correct sentence, and then that same sentence, but with a period in the middle and the next letter starting with a capital letter. He told me both those answers were the same! 

He's been doing Grammaropolis this summer, which is strictly parts of speech. He loves that, and it's sticking, so I don't really want another grammar, per se. I'm mostly looking for something covering capitalization, ending punctuation, sentence structure....that sort of basic stuff. 

Yes, FLL is grammar, and it also covered punctuation, but informally. WWE also covered punctuation, through copywork. 

On the test, he missed all problems with capitalization, and ending punctuation. He can tell you the difference between periods/?/! and when to use capital letters, but he didn't notice when they were used incorrectly in ANY of the problems. One set of answers had a correct sentence, and then that same sentence, but with a period in the middle and the next letter starting with a capital letter. He told me both those answers were the same! 

He's been doing Grammaropolis this summer, which is strictly parts of speech. He loves that, and it's sticking, so I don't really want another grammar, per se. I'm mostly looking for something covering capitalization, ending punctuation, sentence structure....that sort of basic stuff. 

What you're looking for is covered in Easy Grammar. :-)