Menu

Zoo or museum overnights

mommyoffive

Do zoos or museums near you do overnights?

I was hoping we could post ones that we know of, or are near us.  What zoo or museum and how much it is.

I would love to do one of these some time.  I feel the ones near me are bit expensive. So I was hoping to find some that are cheaper that I may be able to hit when we are on a vacation or something.

If you have been to any of them say if you thought this one was good or bad.  

One local museum does it, but it's a very small museum.  You can get through it slowly in about an hour.  Doesn't seem worth it to me.

If the natural history museum in NYC does that, I'm there.  LOL  I want to go there and spend a week.  I am always so mad that I can't spend more time there.

My daughter did an overnight (kids only) at the Milwaukee county zoo. I think it was 79. The Milwaukee public museum also does overnights during the school year, those are 40-57 per person depending 9n if it is a special exhibit and if you are members. We have not done one yet...

Some of the Smithsonians do them and the Archives. I've thought about it. It sounds fun. I might have been willing to as a super special treat - they're not cheap for sure. But you're required to have one adult per kid so I couldn't take my twins on my own. Which made it pretty impossible - dh works nights and the price would be higher. Oh well. Probably didn't miss anything too special anyway. Now my kids are on the older end for them. They're usually pitched for ages 8-12.

Our nearest zoo does several different ones, many weekends throughout the year.  The cost is $39/person and you don't have to be in a big group.

The one at the next nearest big city zoo does them, but you need to book a whole group.  Something like 15 people minimum?  The price was reasonable IIRC but we are not a big group.

I think I saw overnights advertised at our local natural history museum, but now I don't see them.  Maybe they didn't work out or are only during the school year.

Our local science museum has scout overnights.  I don't see anything about non-scout overnights.