Menu

HS Tracker online?

I have used the software version for years and have loved it.  My bigger kids are in middle and high school.

I am thinking about switching to the online version, at least for my rising 2nd grader.  He goes to work with me two days a week.  I was thinking I could plug his lessons into HS Tracker online and then let him use my iPad to have his own account to 

"check" of his assignments, encourage him to complete his list, and to have a clear idea of what we need to cover each day.

I also like that I can use the online version on my macbook because I use it more than our PC and it goes to work with me :)

How does this work?  Any thoughts?  I hate spending the $ when we've been using our software version for so many years, but it feels like it might be more convenient for him.

Edited by Attolia

I just made the switch from HST+ to HSTOnline.  There are some things that I love about HSTOnline that you don't get in HST+.  There are some things that I miss, in particular, the flexible reporting options.  But the one thing that I do not like about HSTOnline is that the student cannot see all of the assignments on a page.  For example, they can see that they need to do math, history and spelling.  But they cannot see what book or which pages unless they click on each individual assignment.  My kids really need to see everything at once so that they can plan out their day.  So I had hoped that my dd11 could mark off her completed assignments using her tablet.  But it seems that I am going to have to print out a task list for her every day.  

I am still glad that I made the switch, because the reality is that HST+ is no longer being supported.  We just upgraded to Windows 10, so we really needed to make the change to make sure I did not lose the ability to access my HST files.  

• Like 1

I just made the switch from HST+ to HSTOnline.  There are some things that I love about HSTOnline that you don't get in HST+.  There are some things that I miss, in particular, the flexible reporting options.  But the one thing that I do not like about HSTOnline is that the student cannot see all of the assignments on a page.  For example, they can see that they need to do math, history and spelling.  But they cannot see what book or which pages unless they click on each individual assignment.  My kids really need to see everything at once so that they can plan out their day.  So I had hoped that my dd11 could mark off her completed assignments using her tablet.  But it seems that I am going to have to print out a task list for her every day.  

I am still glad that I made the switch, because the reality is that HST+ is no longer being supported.  We just upgraded to Windows 10, so we really needed to make the change to make sure I did not lose the ability to access my HST files.  

Drat, I was hoping it was on one page so he could just see it on the iPad.  Like a single list with everything.  Oh well, maybe I will do one month and see how that goes.  Then commit to a year if that seems to be good.  Thanks for sharing.

• 1 year later...