Menu

Your Favorite Vegan Cookbooks?

Penguin

I would like to buy two or three vegan cookbooks. What do you recommend?

Details:

Any sub-genre except Indian food. I love Indian food, but I already have two vegan Indian cookbooks :)

I would really like to get at least one on vegan baking.

Good photographs are desired, but not required.

Edited by Penguin

I am also flexitarian, not so much with meat but I do willingly eat shellfish. But I love and prefer vegan food. I only eat mest If I am a guest or at a restaurant, and the vegan option is unavailable or seems gross to me.

Happy Herbivore cookbooks are my favorites - meals are easy and I've had very few "misses". Happy Herbivore Abroad and Happy Herbivore Light and Lean are my two favorites. 

Oh She Glows has a great blog and cookbook too

Thug Kitchen - really yummy recipes and funny, but they're a bit more involved than I want for an every day meal

Chocolate Covered Katie's blog is great too - she's got some really yummy desserts on there. 

• Like 2

I am not a vegan but I really like the Oh She Glows website. I don't have the cookbook but I've made recipes from the website and did get the app.

I found her fat free pesto recipe when my husband was going through gall bladder surgery. He's back to eating our normal (vegan) diet, but I'm still making the pesto. It's a favorite over here!

What are some of your favorite recipes?

• Like 1

I'm not vegan, but I have a friend who is so I bought a few cookbooks for when she comes over.

I really like Easy Vegan Cooking by Leah Leneman. The recipes are approachable, simple, and delicious. Ingredients are things on hand.

I also have Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen. It's okay, the recipes have been hit or miss, and we generally have to shop for ingredients. We don't use it often.

Finally, I have the Simple Little Vegan Slow Cooker Cookbook. The recipes have ranged from great to "okay enough to finish but we won't be making again."

I own the cupcakes book mentioned up thead but haven't made anything yet. I forgot I owned it until I just looked LOL.

• Like 1

For baking, have you checked out Minimalist Baker's blog? My kids (one of whom is nicknamed picky pants) love all of her recipes. Her cookbook for everyday cooking is good as well. You can check out her blog to see if the recipes are for you. :) 

• Like 3