Menu

Refrigerator dying....recommendations?

Laurel-in-CA

Are you sure you want a side by side?

I have Kenmore side by side and it has lasted for 11 years.

However, I'd get a freezer-on-bottom now. Some of those come with a "split" front door opening both left and right but you still get the wider shelves inside.

• Like 1

I had a 29cf SxS.  the thing was a monster,  but I had four kids at home. because the sides were narrow, it could be a pain to put stuff in - and it stuck so far out into the room.

I replaced it with a french door.   the bottom freezer is a drawer.  I much prefer it.   (it's counter depth, which dh hates, but I love.  we have a second fridge in the garage.)

eta: my fridges have been ge profiles, and I've had good luck with them.   this one has a pull out shelf for water pitchers so I don't have to hold it while it's filling.

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 2

Our space is only 36" wide....most of the modern freezer on the bottom models are wider than that. We are fortunate to have a refridge in the garage already; the side-by-side will go in the house....the old one came with this house when we bought it, so who knows how old it really is.

I hate appliances. I have been very pleased with our Samsung refrigerator. That says a lot. The only thing I would change is that I don't ever want another refrigerator with an ice maker. They take up too much space and always are the first thing to break.

We have the french door top, slide out freezer on bottom and love it, but I am not sure about smaller space alternatives.

I just replaced our refrigerator.

I went to Lowes and saw what would fit in the space then read the online reviews.

I also made sure they had it in stock for delivery (one was not available for 30 days)

We got a Whirlpool and so far so good. I'm hoping 2000 good reviews aren't wrong :)