Menu

Sad - updated, we made it!

Eagle

We were supposed to leave for vacation today, but Ds wasn't feeling very good this morning. He vomited just before lunch and we chalked it up to nerves (he is very excited about the vacation). We figured we would go tomorrow morning instead, but he just vomited again. Now he is in tears because he knows we won't be going tomorrow either. All our extended family is there. Now if anyone else gets it we may not get to go at all. I'm sad and I know our dc will be crushed if we don't go.

Edited by Eagle

We once had to leave on a big road trip - all motels were booked, would have been very hard to reschedule everything - so we had to start driving with one kid clutching a bucket.  Another got sick at the first stop.  Luckily within a couple days everyone was perky again.  I feel your pain.    My folks had to shift our vacation to Yosemite back a few weeks the summer I was sent home from the last day of school with a fever and chicken pox erupting.  My siblings got it right after I felt better.

• Like 1

I hope he recovers soon!

One of my children became sick and vomited while we were vacationing at DisneyWorld. Fortunately, we had planned a rest day in our schedule, so we stayed at the hotel for the day. The next day she was fine. Though she was tired, she spent the whole day walking around Magic Kingdom.

Children can bounce back quickly, so you may be able to travel tomorrow after all.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your well-wishes. Ds was up in the night vomiting, and he is now running a fever. Little Ds woke up with an eye infection. We won't be going today for sure, probably not tomorrow either. We cannot postpone the trip as the accommodations are booked a year in advance and already paid. It is a one week stay. Hopefully we will get a few days still if no one else catches this.

I am so sorry. We take one vacation a year, the same way you do: all extended family converging on one place, booked a year in advance, our favorite place on the planet. I stress every year as that week comes up in the worry that someone will get sick! I hope everyone improves quickly and you can manage to get there to enjoy even a couple days of your vacation  :grouphug:

• Like 1

We made it on vacation! Ds woke up without a fever and has kept food/liquids down for more than 24 hours now. So far no one else is sick, so we threw everything in the car and went for it. Thanks everyone for the good thoughts. I'm so happy the vacation wasn't completely missed.

• Like 30