Menu

Kalua pork in instant pot was a huge hit......what sauce do you like?

Ottakee

I out a 5# pork shoulder (from Aldi) cut into 3 pieces in the instant pot tonight with 2 tsp coarse salt rub and 1 T luquid smoke and 3/4 cup water. 90 minutes on high, natural release. It just fell apart it was so tender.

What sauce do you like best? Dh who is very very picky about his meats said it was a hit.

Edited by Ottakee

I made that a couple of months ago, and learned that I HATE liquid smoke. I couldn't eat it, could barely stand the smell! DH like it well enough and I turned the leftovers into Brunswick stew. A sauce would have helped. I wonder if different brands of liquid smoke vary in flavor?

I don't do sauce myself, I like a mango or papaya salsa with it. Dh and I like Stubbs and a newer around here brand called IPO(thinner and less sweet) the kids like the disgusting Sweet Baby Ray's that dh's family introduced them to.

Here is what I made tonight with the left over pulled pork.

Fresh corn tortialls (I made them myself)

brown the pulled pork on hot griddle with a light sprinkle of garlic powder

then add fresh queso (white mexican cheese that crumbles), fresh lime juice, sliced avocado, and fresh cilantro

YUM YUM YUM.  The pork gets just a bit crispy and flavors are great.

My guys are all gone yet so I cam make something mom enjoys.

• Like 1