Menu

Philosophy products?

VeteranMom

My mom was all over their "hope in a jar" when Oprah was pushing it. She used it, and I think a few other a few other things. She was older than you are now though. But, she decided to quit. They were nice as far as a fancy moisturizer goes, but not worth the extra money.

My mom has never been a sunscreen user so there is only so much that can be done, kwim?

If you are looking to help with uneveness then you might want to make an appt with a derm and get a script for retinin A.  That will cost you about on par with Philosophy but you know it works.

But, if what you want from a moisturizer is just to moisturize, and you like the product and you can afford it, then go for it. I know that some people really do like it.

• Like 1

You can usually get a lot of sample sizes, I've purchased a couple at Sephora. I like philosophy products, but in the heat of the summer, my skin does not do so well with it. I think because its oil based? Good oils, and very moisturizing and helpful in cooler seasons, but a no go for me over a long stretch in heavy humidity.

• Like 1

I used Hope in a Jar for a while. When winter came in MN it wasn't keeping up with my dry skin so I tried When Hope is Not Enough. I didn't like that. It balled up in a very weird way if I tried to rub it in too fast. I liked HiaJ, but wish it moisturized better. I liked the face wash (can't remember the actual name right now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1