Menu

Am I the only one not allowing their children in on all the Pokemon Go hype?

No Pokemon catching here. 112°F temps and up.

We were at an aviation museum and there were people who paid for admission to play Pokemon there. Good for the museum but the volunteers have to remind them not to walk into exhibits.

Those walking into traffic/off cliffs are reckless individuals. They aren't standing still for the five seconds of actual game play where they spin a stop or toss a ball. Instead, they hold their phone up and step backward. Or, they can't read a map properly so they have to stare at the screen to figure it out as they walk.

I think the people who aren't playing safely are similar to the kind of people who text while walking and never look up from their phones. We had to brake a few times for those texting adults because they don't look at traffic lights before crossing.

When candy crush saga came out, people did similar things like walking without looking up from their phones.

My DS10 actually looked at the geocaching GPS all the time while geocaching at the state park during a family geocaching event. I am used to carrying a first aid kit with me. He wasn't the only kid that does that because I ended up giving away a few bandages and alcohol wipes.

We were at an aviation museum and there were people who paid for admission to play Pokemon there. Good for the museum but the volunteers have to remind them not to walk into exhibits.

Lol! How funny!!! Not sure I'd pay admission to any museum just to play Pokemon though. It's just not our thing ;)