Menu

Argh!!

brehon

I'm frustrated right now. I've been on what seems like a perpetual search for a nice, knee length or just a bit longer, plain black skirt for dd11. I can't find one! I've looked all over the Austin area plus the San Antonio area this morning.

She needs one for when she's serving at Mass. Where do you find nice looking, plain black skirts? DD is petite.

I'm frustrated right now. I've been on what seems like a perpetual search for a nice, knee length or just a bit longer, plain black skirt for dd11. I can't find one! I've looked all over the Austin area plus the San Antonio area this morning.

She needs one for when she's serving at Mass. Where do you find nice looking, plain black skirts? DD is petite.

The last one I bought that was long enough (tall here) was at Goodwill!  Brand new with tags.  It is the only place I could find something long enough to wear to church and formal events. 

• Like 1

You'd have to check the length to see if it's long enough, but I have this skirt and not only is it super comfy, it also looks nice and not like sports clothes material.  

http://www.titlenine.com/product/172566.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn

I would wear it to church as an attendee, but her height will determine whether or not it is acceptable for serving.  I'm petite myself and it hits me right at the knee.  

• Like 1

My dd12 got a nice knee length black skirt at Target in the juniors section just recently.  I'm not sure what stores you've been too but these are the ones I can think of that might have something:

Target

Justice

Old Navy

The Children's Place (maybe)

If you are looking in the little girls' section, try the juniors section.  We had to go with the super small sizes for my dd but the skirt fit.  And I would second Goodwill as well.

Edited by Chocomom63
  • Like 1

Is she still in children's sizes or is she in adult sizes? You may be able to find something at Gap, Ann Taylor (check clearance racks), Kohls, Macy's, Dillard's, or even Amazon. I have better luck finding specific clothing items online.

I recently found a black skirt at TJ Maxx.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I'm sitting on the grounds of an army camp waiting for my eldest to be released from CAP. The mobile service is quite limited here; so, I'll check the links when I return home.

Dd is still in kid's sizes, usually a 10, but sometimes an 8 depending on fit.

I've got the one!  If you go to jcpenney.com, search for "by&by Girl Skirt with Panels".  I've been buying this same skirt in various sizes for various daughters for years now.  (They have a maxi skirt too, but I don't think that's what you're looking for.)  The "Skirt with Panels" comes to or below the knee, depending on size and height.  It has an elastic waistband and a nice soft flared shape, and it washes and dries well.  Looks great with a variety of blouses.

• Like 2