Menu

What are your favorite Costco buys?

I seriously have a love affair with Costco.   I had to join Sam's club today because the nearest Costco is 42 miles from my house.....lets just say...I'm shocked at the difference.   I will be getting my coolers ready and hitting Costco in a couple of weeks to restock my freezers....I love all things Costco. 

Hope you had a great trip!

• Like 1

I seriously have a love affair with Costco.   I had to join Sam's club today because the nearest Costco is 42 miles from my house.....lets just say...I'm shocked at the difference.   I will be getting my coolers ready and hitting Costco in a couple of weeks to restock my freezers....I love all things Costco. 

Hope you had a great trip!

We belong to both Sam's and Costco.  We got the Sam's membership through some special they had, and it was when gas was expensive - and we had a Suburban - so it was worth it for us.  Sam's is much closer than Costco (though Costco is not too far, about 20  minutes).  Our close Costco doesn't have gas.

There is a huge difference in the stores.  I so much prefer Costco in almost every aspect.  The only things that are better about Sam's is their proximity, the gas, and the fruit and packaged salads.  They seem to carry more "everyday" stuff than Costco.  Big bags of navel oranges that are good enough for us, not the huge Cara Caras that Costco has. A better selection of salads that are less expensive.  Oh, and chicken sausages - they have more selection than Costco.  But that last is not something I buy frequently.

Costco stores are better lit, better organized, cleaner, and the employees - oh man.  Huge difference in the employee attitudes toward customers.  Costco lines fly; Sam's drag. There is almost always a problem ahead of me in line at Sam's!  Sam's does have a self-check, which is nice, but I'd still rather wait in line at Costco. 

• Like 1

toilet paper

Those stupid garlic stuffed marinated olives that I can't ever stop eating once I start.  

Jack's Salsa

Organic Tortilla chips

Chicken and meat

Salmon or fish burgers

frozen fruit

cheese

Actually, just know that half our paycheck goes to Costco  :glare:

Edited by The Girls' Mom

Batteries

Printer paper

Kirkland Toilet paper 

Paper towels

Kleenex

Frozen Chicken tenders

Frozen sausage patties

Canned tuna

Olive oil

Milo's tea

Eggs

Kerrygold butter

Salsa

Frozen fish

Maple syrup

Canned organic tomatoes

Organic chicken stock

Late July tortilla chips

Laundry detergent

Dish liquid

Ziploc bags

Giant roll of really good quality aluminum foil that lasts forever

Kirkland trash bags

Extra gum

White T-shirts

Contact solution

Advil

vitamins

razors

Things like bath rugs, sheets, towels, washcloths, etc.

We bought our TVs there

At Christmas we buy wrapping paper, lights, and cookies

A few times a year we buy filet mignon

I love Costco!

Edited by AprilTN

We had their Amex for years and now have the VISA. We have no fees.  The cash back is great.   Always so fun to go with that "check" in hand; we always find a little splurge that day with our "free money." 

Same here.   I always look forward to the day we use that extra check.

• Like 1

Costco stores are better lit, better organized, cleaner, and the employees - oh man. Huge difference in the employee attitudes toward customers. Costco lines fly; Sam's drag. There is almost always a problem ahead of me in line at Sam's! Sam's does have a self-check, which is nice, but I'd still rather wait in line at Costco.

Costco treats their employees extremely well.

Average pay is $21/hr

Health insurance (even for part time)

Internal promotions

• Like 2

Oh, they also have great white men's dress shirts - high quality for a really low price.

We also like their towels, both the beach towels and the big bath-sheet sized bathroom towels. We buy all our pillows from Costco, and I've heard really good things about their sheet sets (we don't use flat sheets so I haven't bought any sets).

We bought 3 sets of sheets from Costco. One brand we liked well enough to go back and repurchase. They're very soft and seem to hold up well. The fitted sheet on the second set didn't fit our thick mattresses and the Kirkland brand wasn't square (i.e. when you folded the pillowcases, the seams didn't line up and the flat sheet didn't fold square).  Costco took the 2 sets back without any problems. I don't know if the Kirkland issue was a one time issue; I'm generally very happy with the Kirkland brand.

Oh, yes, their return policy is awesome. And you don't need a receipt because they have you on file. I have returned a couple of things with no issue. Once they had changed the company of their tangerines and I stopped buying them after having to return a bag because they went bad too fast. Soon after, they had changed again and the new brand is much better.