Menu

What's with the ads?

mommyoffive

How old were you when you became a mom?

When we got married I wanted 3 or 4 kids before I was 30. Instead I was having my first.

23 then 28 almost 29, 30, and 32.

At 23 I was "old" by extended family standards. Mom was 20 her mom and my dad's mom were each 17, my maternal aunt 20, paternal aunts 18 and 20. One female cousin was 17, but the rest of us were 23 or older for our firsts.

Dd was 24.5 when our sweet grand boy was born. Our niece was 20 when she had her first.

• Like 1

I was just a couple months past 21. Then a few days past 23 for the second, 26 for the third.

Almost exactly the same here. Dd was born 5 days before my 21st, then I was 23, 26 and 29 for my 4th.

Officially, 29, then 30, then 31. Yeah 6 kids in 2 years (going on adoption and birth dates, not the dates the kids moved in with us). When the oldest 4 moved in with us I was 27 but they weren't adopted for 2.5 more years.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

22, 24, 26, and 29. Our parents were similar ages as well. And I'm done, so I had all my kids before 30 (by 8 days, but still counts!)

Officially, 29, then 30, then 31. Yeah 6 kids in 2 years (going on adoption and birth dates, not the dates the kids moved in with us). When the oldest 4 moved in with us I was 27 but they weren't adopted for 2.5 more years.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well, I think you can claim 27 because whether or not your children were adopted by then, they lived with you and you were their mom!

Congrats on your adoptions!

• Like 3

24 for the first time, then 27, 31, 34, and 36.  In my circles of friends, both IRL and online, I think there's only one other mom I know who is equally talking about high school and potty-training, which is amusing to me. ;)  (However, it's great for getting to know new members to our group, because I very often can say, "I have a boy [or two] about your child's age!")

• Like 1

25, 28, 35, 37

Since we lived in big cities, we were relatively young parents for the first two. Most of our friends weren't even married. Now that we live in the suburbs, we are older parents for the younger two.

Nah-ahhh! :D

That's impressive!

• Like 1

I was 22.  

(Fun fact: My mom had me--I'm the oldest--at 22 as well.  This year she is 66, I'm 44, and ds is 22!  lol)

• Like 3

21, and then again at 23, 24, 27 and 29. I was determined to be done having babies before I was 30. Then I had another at 34.  :laugh:

21, 23, 25, and 27

Just since it was mentioned above; my oldest had her first at 24 and second at 26 (she just turned 27 and is planning to have more kids). I think she would've preferred starting a little before then, but she was ready for marriage a little sooner than her dh. Of course, once they were married he told her he was "old," and they needed to hurry and start having kids. She got pregnant after about 2 months.

My second daughter had her first a couple weeks before her 20th birthday then had her second a few months after her 21st birthday then her third a couple months before her 24th birthday. She always wanted to get married young. They got married the month before she turned 19. She found out she was pregnant 4 months later.

I always talked about how much I enjoyed having my kids young, so maybe that influenced them to some degree. I thoroughly enjoyed my kids and have really enjoyed having grandchildren while I'm still reasonably young (well, for a Granny).

26 when I became guardian of a 14 year old. But I wasn't his mom. We grieved for her together.

27 when I became a stepmom.

32 when DH and I adopted DS.

39 when youngest arrived.