Menu

How old were you when you became a mom?

mommyoffive

23 then 28 almost 29, 30, and 32.

At 23 I was "old" by extended family standards. Mom was 20 her mom and my dad's mom were each 17, my maternal aunt 20, paternal aunts 18 and 20. One female cousin was 17, but the rest of us were 23 or older for our firsts.

Dd was 24.5 when our sweet grand boy was born. Our niece was 20 when she had her first.

• Like 1

Officially, 29, then 30, then 31. Yeah 6 kids in 2 years (going on adoption and birth dates, not the dates the kids moved in with us). When the oldest 4 moved in with us I was 27 but they weren't adopted for 2.5 more years.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Officially, 29, then 30, then 31. Yeah 6 kids in 2 years (going on adoption and birth dates, not the dates the kids moved in with us). When the oldest 4 moved in with us I was 27 but they weren't adopted for 2.5 more years.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well, I think you can claim 27 because whether or not your children were adopted by then, they lived with you and you were their mom!

Congrats on your adoptions!

• Like 3

24 for the first time, then 27, 31, 34, and 36.  In my circles of friends, both IRL and online, I think there's only one other mom I know who is equally talking about high school and potty-training, which is amusing to me. ;)  (However, it's great for getting to know new members to our group, because I very often can say, "I have a boy [or two] about your child's age!")

• Like 1

21, 23, 25, and 27

Just since it was mentioned above; my oldest had her first at 24 and second at 26 (she just turned 27 and is planning to have more kids). I think she would've preferred starting a little before then, but she was ready for marriage a little sooner than her dh. Of course, once they were married he told her he was "old," and they needed to hurry and start having kids. She got pregnant after about 2 months.

My second daughter had her first a couple weeks before her 20th birthday then had her second a few months after her 21st birthday then her third a couple months before her 24th birthday. She always wanted to get married young. They got married the month before she turned 19. She found out she was pregnant 4 months later.

I always talked about how much I enjoyed having my kids young, so maybe that influenced them to some degree. I thoroughly enjoyed my kids and have really enjoyed having grandchildren while I'm still reasonably young (well, for a Granny).

I was 24.  That child just turned 22 and got married but says she is not having kids for a couple years at least.  So that would  be another interesting question.  If you had kids early are your kids more likely to  become parents early and vice versa? 

My mom got married and had me in her early 20's. This was a bit early for her social circle but not unusually so.

I got married in my early 20's and had my oldest at 25. That was considered VERY early. Most of my female high school and college friends got married in their very late 20's or early 30's and starting having kids in their early 30's to early 40's. My youngest child (born when I was 31) is older than most of their oldest kids.

I would prefer my girls to get married and start families in their 20's but who knows.