Menu

How old were you when you became a mom?

mommyoffive

I was twenty-three when I realized we needed to take care of my step dd and that her mother was not going to. I became a mom then, because I put my child's needs in front of my own and didn't change that when it got hard, or she needed more than could be given.

I gave birth for the first time when I was twenty-five.

• Like 16

I was 24.  That child just turned 22 and got married but says she is not having kids for a couple years at least.  So that would  be another interesting question.  If you had kids early are your kids more likely to  become parents early and vice versa?  Of course in the same breath that particular child says she wants 6-8.  We'll see if that dream survives the first pregnancy :)  Maybe that is another question.  All three of my dds want big families.  Bigger than ours.  My son wisely says he wants as many kids as his future wife wants.  :)

Amber in SJ

• Like 2

I gave birth at ages 21, 22, 25, and 27.  I became a full time parent at 16 when my parents decided that they wanted to be full time entertainers and moved us to a new state so they could be on the road full time.  I had guardianship of my three younger siblings but our parents did live with us a couple days out of each month.  It was a complicated situation but I had to raise myself, my 15 year old sister, along with our 13 and 11 year old brothers starting 3 months after my 16th birthday.  I look at my four kids and can't imagine leaving them the way my parents did.

• Like 2