Menu

So, the Two Week Wait is over :)

ktgrok

SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! Lots of sticky baby vibes, but also wanted to share that I had a baby when I was two weeks shy of my 43rd birthday with NO false starts, miscarriage scares, or any complications whatsoever, then had the most ordinary boring birth you can imagine and a super-easy newborn.

I am so, so happy for you!

• Like 2

SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! Lots of sticky baby vibes, but also wanted to share that I had a baby when I was two weeks shy of my 43rd birthday with NO false starts, miscarriage scares, or any complications whatsoever, then had the most ordinary boring birth you can imagine and a super-easy newborn. I am so, so happy for you!

Sign me up for that plan!!!!

and thank you!!

• Like 2

Woop!   :hurray:  :party:

FTR, I was 39 and 41 when I got pregnant with my youngest and the pregnancies were wonderful. They try to scare you to death and I had lots of sonograms with a high risk dr. for my last all for nothing -- baby was completely healthy. 

Blessings! 

Lisa

• Like 1

Woop!   :hurray:  :party:

FTR, I was 39 and 41 when I got pregnant with my youngest and the pregnancies were wonderful. They try to scare you to death and I had lots of sonograms with a high risk dr. for my last all for nothing -- baby was completely healthy. 

Blessings! 

Lisa

I'm actually hoping for another homebirth, and the midwife I'd be using had her last at age 39, so luckily I shouldn't face any scare tactics!

SaveSave

• Like 2

I'm actually hoping for another homebirth, and the midwife I'd be using had her last at age 39, so luckily I shouldn't face any scare tactics!

SaveSave

If age is the only risk factor, most homebirth practitioners are willing to work with you. Congratulations (you make me ALMOST want to go for another - but I'm 4 years older than you, so I'll live vicariously). Super congrats again!

If age is the only risk factor, most homebirth practitioners are willing to work with you. Congratulations (you make me ALMOST want to go for another - but I'm 4 years older than you, so I'll live vicariously). Super congrats again!

Yes, I actually talked to her about it before considering getting pregnant, and she's fine with it. 

Thanks again!

For egg quality I was taking DHEA, 25 mg, three times a day for a total of 75mg a day. And for the same reason I took CoQ10, 200 mg three times a day for a total of 600 mg a day. 

Both are shown to improve egg health, by improving the ovarian environment. DHEA is shown in some studies to reduce miscarriage in women of advanced maternal age back down to the same level as young women, so a reduction by about half. It has also been directly shown to reduce the increase in chromosomal defects when they analyzed embryos during IVF. 

Hoping it worked, and hoping that the getting pregnant quickly means health eggs/ovaries. 

Do you have links to these studies?

I never know if we are done or not so I think it might be a good idea to take stuff like that just in case.  I am getting close to 40.

Do you have links to these studies?

I never know if we are done or not so I think it might be a good idea to take stuff like that just in case.  I am getting close to 40.

I should say that DHEA isn't advised if you have PCOS. That said, here are a few links to studies:

https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/hormones-and-miscarriage/dhea-and-miscarriage

https://rbej.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1477-7827-8-140

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26829445

Conceiving during the first cycle at 40? Girl, you are more than just "pretty fertile"!  ;)

Congratulations!!!  :)

LOL! My 23 and Me genetic data shows I have not one but two copies of the rs11031006-G allele, which is associated with higher fertility as well as higher rates of twins. Guess it's in my genes. 

Based on ∼90,000 births in Iceland, the risk of a mother delivering twinsincreased by 18% for each copy of allele rs11031006-G.... Allele rs11031006-G was associated with higher serum FSH levels, earlier age at menarche, earlier age at first child, higher lifetime parity, lower PCOS risk, and earlier age at menopause.

SaveSavehttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27132594

• Like 2

Feeling a bit dizzy and lightheaded today, which makes me simultaneously annoyed and overjoyed, lol! It's my main symptom with my pregnancies, so I like knowing hormone levels are rising, but we will be seeing my family today and I don't want to tip myself off, so will have to ignore it as much as possible. And probably drink a lot, that should help I would think. 

• Like 2

Today at Mass I managed to grab one of the younger priests and tell him the news, and asked for a blessing. He smiled so hugely (saying you are pregnant with your fourth in a Catholic church has that effect, lol) and put his hands on both my shoulders firmly and prayed just the loveliest prayer over me and the baby. I can't remember any of it, but it was beautiful and just perfect. I feel so much peace now :)

• Like 11

Yea! And right out of the gate, too! It took us over a year plus a miscarriage. I am so thrilled for you! Praying for a healthy and easy time. FWIW, I will be either 43 or 44 when this baby is born, depending if he comes before my birthday or after. I'm due the 12th Sept. And he is perfectly healthy.

Edited by Paradox5

Yea! And right out of the gate, too! It took us over a year plus a miscarriage. I am so thrilled for you! Praying for a healthy and easy time. FWIW, I will be either 43 or 44 when this baby is born, depending if he comes before my birthday or after. I'm due the 12th Sept. And he is perfectly healthy.

thank you! I actually feel a little guilty that it has always been easy to get pregnant. Which I guess doesn't make sense, but there you have it. 

All of this baby talk is making me...KIND OF wish for another too, lol. Funny how hearing of other people getting pregnant seems to do that to me, and we are "done" barring an accident of course, but we'll see! I'll live through you and Paradox5. It's fun to hear updates with you ladies.

• Like 1

Thanks all! Took another of those new clearblue easy "weeks indicator" test today, and it said "Pregnant:2-3 Weeks" which is right on schedule. It goes by ovulation, and I'm 17 days past ovulation, so so far so good. I'll probably shell out the money for another in another week or so, just to see it say 3+ Weeks :)

Then I am having an ultrasound at 7 weeks. Probably blood work around then too, more to check nutrition because of my weight loss surgery than anything. 

Hoping to hold off telling anyone until at LEAST 8 weeks. Beyond that would be good, as my mom would do better if I waited until I had results back from the genetic testing that is done around 10 weeks, but we'll have to see. Depends when I end up seeing her, as I have a feeling a 4th pregnancy is going to pop pretty fast. And after weight loss surgery everyone is quick to keep an eye on your waistline to see you drop weight, so may be hard to hide. 

Plus, it doesn't really feel real until people know, I think. 

Thanks all! Took another of those new clearblue easy "weeks indicator" test today, and it said "Pregnant:2-3 Weeks" which is right on schedule. It goes by ovulation, and I'm 17 days past ovulation, so so far so good. I'll probably shell out the money for another in another week or so, just to see it say 3+ Weeks :)

Then I am having an ultrasound at 7 weeks. Probably blood work around then too, more to check nutrition because of my weight loss surgery than anything. 

Hoping to hold off telling anyone until at LEAST 8 weeks. Beyond that would be good, as my mom would do better if I waited until I had results back from the genetic testing that is done around 10 weeks, but we'll have to see. Depends when I end up seeing her, as I have a feeling a 4th pregnancy is going to pop pretty fast. And after weight loss surgery everyone is quick to keep an eye on your waistline to see you drop weight, so may be hard to hide. 

Plus, it doesn't really feel real until people know, I think. 

I have never miscarried, but I have had very low progesterone with both my pregnancies. My doc always gives me an rx for progesterone suppositories and folate, since women with PCOS are at higher risk of m/c. So, if you are inclined, you could get your progesterone and beta hcg checked, just to be on the safe side. 

Edited by SeaConquest

I have never miscarried, but I have had very low progesterone with both my pregnancies. My doc always gives me an rx for progesterone suppositories and folate, since women with PCOS are at higher risk of m/c. So, if you are inclined, you could get your progesterone and beta hcg checked, just to be on the safe side. 

I thought about it, but since I've never had problems in previous pregnancies, I'm not sure the doctors would want to do it, and not sure it's worth harassing them about it. 

• Like 1

Congratulations! We did the MaterniT21 test with our youngest, too, and in addition to the peace of mind, it was pretty fun finding out boy/girl extra early. It makes up for being called "advanced maternal age" at least. ;)

Oh, who am I kidding, it was more like absolutely giddy with excitement :D

• Like 2