Menu

So, the Two Week Wait is over :)

ktgrok

Thanks all! I was going to come up with some fun way to tell my hubby, but didn't. I just walked up as he was getting ready to leave for work and said, "Since you wanted to be part of everything this time, I'll show you first!" (I've told my best girl friend first the other times, lol)

He just acted like it was the expected result and said something about how he had no doubt, when he sets out to do something, he does it. Men!

• Like 20

Can I ask about the DHEA?  Did it cause you weird mid cycle spotting?  I haven't had this much ovulation spotting since I was 16.

ETA:  And oh yeah...  CONGRATULATIONS!!!  I'm so happy for you!!!

Edited by Katy

Can I ask about the DHEA?  Did it cause you weird mid cycle spotting?  I haven't had this much ovulation spotting since I was 16.

ETA:  And oh yeah...  CONGRATULATIONS!!!  I'm so happy for you!!!

No, not that I can think of. No spotting at all, not since the IUD was out the withdrawal bleeding stopped. Before that, maybe, but I was using a Mirena IUD so my cycles were hard to track. 

• Like 1

Jeez, you are fertile!  Amazing!

yeah....I blame my father's side. My grandmother had a total of 6 kids, 5 of them in 3 years (two sets of twins with a singleton in between). 

23 and Me data shows I inherited one of the genes for hyper ovulation. 

• Like 1

So happy for you!!!

Congrats

Wishing a healthy 9 months.

I am really interested in the supplements that you took.

For egg quality I was taking DHEA, 25 mg, three times a day for a total of 75mg a day. And for the same reason I took CoQ10, 200 mg three times a day for a total of 600 mg a day. 

Both are shown to improve egg health, by improving the ovarian environment. DHEA is shown in some studies to reduce miscarriage in women of advanced maternal age back down to the same level as young women, so a reduction by about half. It has also been directly shown to reduce the increase in chromosomal defects when they analyzed embryos during IVF. 

Hoping it worked, and hoping that the getting pregnant quickly means health eggs/ovaries. 

So, maybe it is psychosomatic, or maybe just that now that the hormones are high enough to trigger a positive test they are also high enough to cause symptoms, but all of a sudden my bOOks  HURT!!!! I only had that with one other pregnancy, can't remember which, lol. And I'm quite crampy, but that is typical for me...I go straight from cramping to braxton hicks. 

Oh, and the last few days I've been craving black pepper. I even ate swiss cheese sprinkled with salt and pepper. I was wondering if it was a pregnancy thing or just me being weird(er) all of a sudden, guess I know now!

I need to find out when my midwife wants to see me for my first appointment, and I am going to want to do an early scan to rule out twins, just for peace of mind. Lots of twins in my family, and I recently found out I carry the main gene for it, plus I'm advanced maternal age, plus overweight, plus still nursing my 3 year old (but just once a day), all of which increase the chances. I'll feel better knowing it is just one, lol! (or have time to prepare if it isn't I guess). 

Also thinking about doing that non-invasive genetic testing, the Harmony or Materniti 21 one, around 11 weeks. I wouldn't abort either way, but if there is anything wrong I'm the type that wants time to prepare and research. And if there isn't, I can tell my mom there isn't, and she will have one less thing to worry about. She's a big worrier. I won't even tell her until I have to. 

And now I want more cheese with salt and pepper....

• Like 1