Menu

Two of our children dropped bombshells on us this last week.

Miss Peregrine

Hugs, hugs, hugs.

Dh and I have had bombshells dropped on us by our kiddoes. We've tripped over a few landmines as well.

Hugs. May you find your way forward through the rubble.

Edited by Happy
  • Like 7

I am emotionally spent, heartbroken and all of the feelings I can't find words for. This sucks. :(

:grouphug:

Whatever it is, there are parents who have walked this path before you.  Seek them out, in your area or online (or even here on the hive through PM if you know of anyone appropriate), and listen carefully to their stories.  Be sure to listen to a wide range of experiences so you can take a little wisdom from each story and piece them together in the way that's right for you and your family.  These experienced folks may be a help as you navigate the range of feelings you are working through, try to guide your children as best you can in the circumstances, and, hopefully, come out of it all as well as can be expected.

:grouphug:

Edited by justasque
  • Like 30

:grouphug:  :grouphug: Parenting is definitely not always easy!  It's a strange feeling to see your kids start living their own lives, making their own choices, some of which are heart-wrenching.  Life is just plain hard sometimes!

I meant to add that when we have had surprising or sad or confusing news dropped on us by one of our children, what helped a lot was to not respond (at least not negatively), but to just listen.  Keeping the lines of communication open really changed everything.

Edited by J-rap
  • Like 11

:grouphug:  :grouphug: Parenting sucks sometimes, but no matter what, we're always there for our kids - even in the dust from the bombs.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Remember too that we're there for you if you want to vent.  It can be therapeutic, and as a PP mentioned, you might be able to glean ideas from those who have endured bombs before.  The private message feature can be a good way to share more deeply with some while still keeping details out of the public view.

No matter what, best wishes and more  :grouphug: .

• Like 7

I"m sorry. 

If I may offer a piece of advice?  One of the biggest mistakes I made when something like this happened a few years ago was *not* talking to other people I trust about it.  I had close friends who could have listened and helped.....and I decided not to "burden" them with it.  Honestly, I think *I* just didn't want to deal with it.  Once I finally told one person what was going on, she was so compassionate and had actually gone through something similar with one of her children.  It helps to know there are others who have gone through something like this, and come out on the other side.

It will get better with time, but I know right now your world is shattered and I'm so, so sorry.  (((hugs)))

• Like 10

:grouphug:  :grouphug: Parenting sucks sometimes, but no matter what, we're always there for our kids - even in the dust from the bombs.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Remember too that we're there for you if you want to vent.  It can be therapeutic, and as a PP mentioned, you might be able to glean ideas from those who have endured bombs before.  The private message feature can be a good way to share more deeply with some while still keeping details out of the public view.

No matter what, best wishes and more  :grouphug: .

Yes.  Some people on-line have been a life saver to me. 

• Like 2

:grouphug:   :grouphug:   :grouphug:

Whatever the bombs, cling tight to your hubby & all your children.  Your family will find your new path.  Parenting ain't for sissies.  As much as I remember being sleep deprived  and crazy, I miss the infant/ toddler years, when I could fix any and all problems with hugs & kisses & the occasional snack.  Now I get to be on the sidelines watching them fly and fall on their own choices.  I am still here for them with hugs & kisses & the occasional snack, but it isn't as helpful as it used to be.

Amber in SJ

• Like 10

I'm sorry.  

I'm glad you have this forum to at least say what you did.  I hope you will find someone IRL that you can talk to...it makes such a difference.  

I have some issues that I don't talk about online because I don't want to damage the reputations of other people...but I don't know how I would have made it through the past four-five years without IRL people coming alongside me, helping me see that they, too, have made it through and helping me stand up for another day even when I couldn't do it myself.  

(((MissP)))

So sorry :grouphug: whatever it is you can get through. Maybe not prettily but through is through. I agree, share with someone you trust.

One of the best phrases ever is, "When you're going through hell, KEEP GOING!"  

One step at a time is all it takes.